A Phase 3 Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Carboplatin and Paclitaxel With or Without the PARP Inhibitor Veliparib (ABT-888) in HER2-Negative Metastatic or Locally Advanced Unresectable BRCA-Associated Breast Cancer
To determine if veliparib (the study drug) in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel works better than chemotherapy alone in patients with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation and HER2-negative metastatic or locally advanced breast cancer.
BRCA1- or BRCA2-positive, HER2-negative metastatic or locally advanced breast cancer
1. Men and women age 18 or older.
2. Diagnosed with breast cancer that is either locally advanced or metastatic.
3. BRCA1 or BRCA2 positive and HER2 negative.
4. May not have received more than 2 prior lines of chemotherapy for metastatic disease.
5. Additional criteria apply.
18 - 100
Healthy Volunteers Needed
Duration of Participation
Until disease progression or unacceptable side effects
Knight Clinical Trials Information Line