Communication, Health, Aging, Relationship Types and Support
The goal of the study is to provide detailed information about the health, communication status, and social relationships of a diverse sample of community-dwelling older adults.
Older adults without significant health problems.
Older adults with a range of common health problems (e.g. arthritis, diabetes, heart disease)
Older adults with hearing impairment
Older adults with neurologic disease affecting mobility or communication (such as ALS, Parkinson's disease, MS, stroke)
Older adults with other types of conditions affecting voice, speech or communication (such as treatment for head and neck cancer, spasmodic dysphonia)
• You are aged 65 or more and live independently in the community in the United States.
• You are a native English speaker.
• You have no conditions known to significantly affect your ability to think or remember (e.g. Alzheimer’s disease or dementia).
• You did not have any problems with voice, speech, hearing or communication in childhood (problems such as stuttering, cerebral palsy, deafness)
• If you have had cancer in the past, you should be currently cancer-free and not have undergone cancer treatment within the last year.
65 - 100
Healthy Volunteers Needed
Duration of Participation
All participants will be asked to fill out an online survey (approximately 15-20 minutes).
Study website: www.ohsu.edu/charts-study
Out of the individuals who return the complete the survey, 10 will be randomly selected to receive a $20 gift card.