A Randomized, Double Blind Study to Compare the Complete Remission Rate Following a 5-Week Course of Selumetinib or Placebo and Single Dose Adjuvant Radioactive Iodine Therapy in Patients with Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
To compare the effects of selumetinib (study drug) with radioactive iodine (RAI) therapy versus placebo and RAI therapy in adults with differentiated thyroid cancer.
Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
1. Adults aged 18 years or above.
2. Confirmed diagnosis of differentiated thyroid cancer.
3. Had a one- or two-stage total thyroidectomy (all known tumor must have been resected).
4. Must be suitable for RAI therapy and thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) suppression.
5. Be willing to start treatment within 16 weeks of cancer surgery.
6. Other criteria apply.
18 - 100
Healthy Volunteers Needed
Duration of Participation
Knight Clinical Trials Information Line