Special focus on
- Cataract and Intraocular Lenses
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Eye Exams (Adult) - Ophthalmology
- Lens Based Refractive Surgery
- M.P.H., Oregon State University, Corvallis Oregon 2005
- B.A., University of Oregon, Eugene Oregon 1988
- M.D., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 1992
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Dr. Brinks was raised and educated in the Pacific Northwest. He focuses on bringing advanced technology and high quality eye care to under-served rural communities throughout Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.
His international teaching and research endeavors have taken Dr. Brinks overseas to Cambodia, Bhutan, East Timor, Guatemala, the Marshall Islands, and the Samoas. He completed a masters degree at OSU in international health to support his work with the ministries of health overseas, furthering their vision for eye care in their countries.
While not at work, Dr. Brinks enjoys native forest restoration, surfing, and archery.Read more
4.8 out of 5 (204 Ratings, 17 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to physician related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Friendliness/courtesy 4.8
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.8
- Explanations about your problem/condition 4.8
- Concern shown for your questions/worries 4.8
- Effort made to include you in treatment decisions 4.8
- Used words you could understand 4.9
- Amount of time spent with you 4.8
- Your confidence in care provider 4.8
- Nov 07, 2017
very courteous and friendly. Gave good explanations about continuing care
- Oct 02, 2017
Dr. Brinks is great.
- Sep 01, 2017
- Jul 18, 2017
- Jul 07, 2017
I had no input
- May 15, 2017
Dr, Brinks is the best!!!!!!!
- May 02, 2017
He is thorough & answers my questions.
- May 02, 2017
Provider reviewed all treatment results with me, and encouraged me to get the next check-up on time. Provider always treats me like a whole person not just a case number.
- Mar 14, 2017
he is exceptional knowledge and caring wisewish I lived close enough to have him do my cateract surgery
- Mar 06, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this provider because he is a specialist. I was referred by my primary care physician. So I don't think recommending is applicable. Again, I needed an "N/A" option.
- Mar 06, 2017
I've already recommended him to others!
- Dec 30, 2016
The doctor was very thorough and extremely knowledgeable. He gave me a lot of very useful, practical information that is very helpful to me.
- Dec 21, 2016
respectful, professional and honest with prognosis
- Nov 18, 2016
You would feel that they care about you and your health. Thank you
- Aug 17, 2016
More testing is needed, so I think I will learn much more about my condition next time I meet with Dr. Brinks.
- Jul 19, 2016
great experience thank you!
- Jun 06, 2016