Rongwei (Rochelle) Fu is the director of the biostatistics education program and a professor of biostatistics in the School of Public Health. She’s also a professor in the Department of Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology at OHSU. She advises School of Public Health biostatistics students in the M.S., M.P.H. and Graduate Certificate programs.
Fu collaborates extensively with OHSU investigators and has published often. She has been the lead biostatistician for the Center for Policy and Research in Emergency Medicine at the Pacific Northwest Evidence-based Practice Center, and at OHSU’s Research Center for Gender-Based Medicine.
Fu has provided statistical support and methodology development for many systematic reviews and comparative effectiveness review projects, including those for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, the drug effectiveness review project, the Effective Health Care program and other professional societies. These reviews have been used to develop clinical guidelines or inform health policy decisions.Read more
Areas of interest
- M.S., Shandong Normal University, P.R. China 1995
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut 2000
- Ph.D., University of Connecticut 2003
Honors and awards
- 2015, Finalist, OHSU Faculty Senate Research Award
- 2013, Department Chair’s Award on Excellence in Research, Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- 2011, Department Chair’s Award on Excellence in Research, Public Health and Preventive Medicine