Dr. Amato specializes in the science of caring for patients with infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome, and menopausal issues. Her research interests include stem cells, metabolic-endocrine interactions, and environmental impacts on reproductive health. Dr. Amato finds her work intellectually stimulating and highly rewarding. The science of reproduction and connecting with individuals and families are what inspired her to pursue a career in reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
Originally from Toronto, Canada, Dr. Amato loves the Pacific Northwest and says that OHSU is a great fit for her. In addition to outdoor sports, reading, independent music and film, and ethnic food, Dr. Amato enjoys spending time with her partner and their two dogs.Read more
- M.D., University of Toronto, Toronto Canada 1989
- Obstetrics and gynecology, University of Toronto, Canada, 1994
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility, University of California-San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1997
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Fellow, 1994 American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Diplomate, 1998
Memberships and associations
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists