Margaret Scharf, DNP has been involved in nursing education for over 30 years. She has taught psychiatric nursing at the undergraduate and graduate level throughout her career. She has practiced as an APN in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing since 1983 and added a specialty as an FNP in 1995. Dr. Scharf worked on the NONPF PMHNP competencies (2013) and chaired the ISPN Child and Adolescent Division from 2011-13.
I am interested in identifying models of health care that can provide mental health care in a humane and just manner and how measuring the outcomes of mental health practice can improve care within the changing health care system.
- B.A., Duke University, Durham North Carolina 1910
- D.N.P., Oregon Health and Science University Oregon 1910
- M.S., University of Minnesota, Minneapolis Minnesota 1910
- B.S.N., University of North Dakota, Grand Forks North Dakota 1910
- Post Master's certificate University of Nebraska Medical Center