Dr. Larisa G. Tereshchenko was born in Siberia (Omsk, USSR), in physicians’ family. Her father was obstetrician-gynecologist, the mother was an internist, uncle was an epidemiologist, and aunt was a pediatrician. Dr. Tereshchenko obtained MD degree with Honors from the Tyumen Medical School in 1986. She was the first-prize winner of the Internal Medicine Competition of the Russian Federation (individual competition), and USSR (team competition). Dr. Tereshchenko completed Cardiology & Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship in Omsk Medical School and received a Ph.D. degree from Novosibirsk Medical School in 1994. Dr. Tereshchenko conducted a prospective cohort study in the Far North, north of the Arctic Circle. In 1994, Dr. Tereshchenko joined the faculty of the Tyumen Medical School as an Assistant Professor of Medicine, and an attending cardiologist at the Tumen Regional Hospital. She taught clinical pharmacology, cardiology, and electrophysiology at the bedside, and was awarded an Institutional Award for the Excellence in Bedside Teaching and Clinical Service.
In 2004, Dr. Tereshchenko joined the faculty of the Washington University School of Medicine, where she initiated and conducted a prospective cohort study of ICD patients (ICD-EGMs study). After completion of cardiac electrophysiology fellowship at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, she joined the faculty of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division. She established translational electrophysiology laboratory and developed several novel methods of ECG analyses, such as dynamic vectorcardiography, and a global measure of electrical heterogeneity sum absolute QRST integral. In 2013 Dr. Tereshchenko was awarded NIH R01 award “Novel ECG measures and risk of sudden cardiac death.” The objective of this study is development and validation of the novel ECG risk score of sudden cardiac death risk in the general population, and discovery of genetic factors associated with the novel mechanistic ECG phenotypes. In December 2013 Dr. Tereshchenko moved her laboratory to the Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, Oregon.
Areas of interest
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Randomized Clinical Trials
- Signal Processing
- M.D., Tyumen Medical School, Tyumen Russian Federation 1986
- Ph.D., Omsk and Novosibirsk Medical School, Omsk and Novosibirsk Russian Federation 1994
- Residency, Internal Medicine (1986-1988); Tyumen Medical School.
- Fellowship, Cardiology & Cardiac Electrophysiology (1990-1994); Omsk & Novosibirsk Medical School
- Cardiac Electrophysiology Research Fellowship (2007-2009); Johns Hopkins University.
- ECFMG Certificate # 0-661-636-1 (2006)
- Certificate of Cardiac Device Specialist-physician (CCDS) # 143862 (2008)
Honors and awards
- Del Mar Junior Investigator Award (2013)
Memberships and associations
- Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the Heart Rhythm Society
- Fellow of the International Society for Holter and Noninvasive Electrocardiology
- Treasurer of the International Society for Computerized Eclectrocardiology
- Member of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Society
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of the Heart Failure Society of America
- Member of the Society of Clinical Trials
- Member of the American Society of Echocardiography
- Member of the International Society of Electrocardiology
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Editor of the Heart Rhythm Journal
- Editor of the Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology
- Editor of the Journal of Electrocardiology
- "2017 ISHNE-HRS expert consensus statement on ambulatory ECG and external cardiac monitoring/telemetry." Heart Rhythm In: , Vol. 14, No. 7, 01.07.2017, p. e55-e96.
- "2017 ISHNE-HRS expert consensus statement on ambulatory ECG and external cardiac monitoring/telemetry." Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology In: , Vol. 22, No. 3, e12447, 01.05.2017.
- "QRS loop folding phenomenon in vectorcardiogram of healthy individuals." Computing in Cardiology Conference, CinC 2016. Vol. 43 IEEE Computer Society, 2017. p. 645-648 7868825.
- "Patient-specific time-varying association between spatial and temporal variability in repolarization and high sensitivity troponin i." Computing in Cardiology Conference, CinC 2016. Vol. 43 IEEE Computer Society, 2017. p. 333-336 7868747.
- "Reproducibility of heart rate variability characteristics measured on random 10-second ECG using joint symbolic dynamics." Computing in Cardiology Conference, CinC 2016. Vol. 43 IEEE Computer Society, 2017. p. 289-292 7868736.
- "Screening entire healthcare system ECG database : Association of deep terminal negativity of P wave in lead V1 and ECG referral with mortality." International Journal of Cardiology In: , Vol. 228, 01.02.2017, p. 219-224.
- "Usefulness of Maintaining a Normal Electrocardiogram Over Time for Predicting Cardiovascular Health." American Journal of Cardiology In: , Vol. 119, No. 2, 15.01.2017, p. 249-255.
- "Dynamic Changes in High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin I Are Associated with Dynamic Changes in Sum Absolute QRST Integral on Surface Electrocardiogram in Acute Decompensated Heart Failure." Annals of noninvasive electrocardiology : the official journal of the International Society for Holter and Noninvasive Electrocardiology, Inc In: , Vol. 22, No. 1, 01.01.2017.
- "Correlation between the high-frequency content of the QRS on murine surface electrocardiogram and the sympathetic nerves density in left ventricle after myocardial infarction : Experimental study." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , 2017.
- "Gender equity imbalance in electrocardiology : A call to action." Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology In: , 2017.
- "Electrocardiographic QRS-T angle and the risk of incident silent myocardial infarction in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities study." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , 2017.
- "Gender equity imbalance in electrocardiology : A call to action." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , 2017.
- "Risk stratification of sudden cardiac death in hypertension." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , 2017.
- "Torso geometry reconstruction and body surface electrode localization using three-dimensional photography." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , 2017.
- "Electrocardiographic predictors of mortality and sudden cardiac death in patients with end stage renal disease on hemodialysis." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , Vol. 49, No. 6, 01.11.2016, p. 848-854.
- "Global electrical heterogeneity : A review of the spatial ventricular gradient." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , Vol. 49, No. 6, 01.11.2016, p. 824-830.
- "Electrocardiographic J Wave and Cardiovascular Outcomes in the General Population (from the Atherosclerosis Risk In Communities Study)." American Journal of Cardiology In: , Vol. 118, No. 6, 15.09.2016, p. 811-815.
- "Comparative effectiveness of interventions for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation : A network meta-analysis." Journal of the American Heart Association In: , Vol. 5, No. 5, e003206, 01.05.2016.
- "Global Electrical Heterogeneity Risk Score for Prediction of Sudden Cardiac Death in the General Population : The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) and Cardiovascular Health (CHS) Studies." Circulation In: , 15.04.2016.
- "Quantitative Assessment of Vectorcardiographic Loop Morphology." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , Vol. 49, No. 2, 01.03.2016, p. 154-163.
- "Usefulness of the Sum Absolute QRST Integral to Predict Outcomes in Patients Receiving Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy." American Journal of Cardiology In: , 23.02.2016.
- "Electrical dyssynchrony on noninvasive electrocardiographic mapping correlates with SAI QRST on surface ECG." Computing in Cardiology. Vol. 42 IEEE Computer Society, 2016. p. 69-72 7408588.
- "Assessment of joint interactions between respiration and baroreflex activity using joint symbolic dynamics in heart failure patients." Computing in Cardiology. Vol. 42 IEEE Computer Society, 2016. p. 809-812 7411034.
- "Circulation detection using the electrocardiogram and the thoracic impedance acquired by defibrillation pads." Resuscitation In: , Vol. 99, 01.02.2016, p. 56-62.
- "Screening for Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Scar Features by 12-Lead ECG, in Patients with Preserved Ejection Fraction." Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology In: , Vol. 21, No. 1, 01.01.2016, p. 49-59.
- "Atrial Fibrillation Predictors : Importance of the Electrocardiogram." Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology In: , Vol. 21, No. 1, 01.01.2016, p. 20-29.
- "Beat-to-beat determinants of the beat-to-beat temporal and spatial variability of repolarization." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , 2016.
- "QT interval variability in body surface ECG : Measurement, physiological basis, and clinical value: Position statement and consensus guidance endorsed by the European Heart Rhythm Association jointly with the ESC Working Group on Cardiac Cellular Electrophysiology." Europace In: , Vol. 18, No. 6, 2016, p. 925-944.
- "Optimal configuration of adhesive ECG patches suitable for long-term monitoring of a vectorcardiogram." Journal of Electrocardiology In: , 2016.
- "Electrophysiologic substrate and risk of mortality in incident hemodialysis." Journal of the American Society of Nephrology In: , Vol. 27, No. 11, 2016, p. 3413-3420.