Dr. Sharzehi specialize's in caring for patients with gastrointestinal diseases. He has additional training in interventional and therapeutic endoscopy, which enables him to provide a highly specialized care to patients with a wide variety of complex gastrointestinal problems. He served as gastroenterology faculty at Temple University, in Philadelphia before joining the OHSU faculty.
His focus of practice is on patients with gastrointestinal cancer (esophagus, pancreas, and colorectal) and benign diseases of the bile duct and pancreas. He is specialized in performing endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic mucosal resection, double balloon enteroscopy, and enteral stenting.
Dr. Sharzehi is a full time OHSU staff physician who concentrates both clinically and in research on interventional endoscopy, gastrointestinal cancer and pancreatobiliary disease.
He earned his medical degree form Tehran University (Tehran, Iran). He completed a residency in Internal Medicine at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit: as well as Fellowship in Hepatology at the University of Miami in Florida, Gastroenterology at Penn State University, and Advanced Endoscopy at Fox Chase Cancer Center. He served as gastroenterology faculty and director of endoscopy at Temple University in Philadelphia before joining the OHSU faculty.
He is specialized in performing ERCP including SpyGlass ® cholangioscopy, diagnostic EUS and EUS-guided transluminal drainage, endoscopic mucosal resection, double balloon enteroscopy, enteral stenting, and endoscopic ablation (radiofrequency ablation, argon plasma coagulation).Read more
Areas of interest
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer
- Pancreas Cancer
- Benign Diseases of the bile duct
- M.D., Tehran university of Medical Sciences 2003
- M.S., Pennsylvania State University 2015
- Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2008
- Hepatology, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2009
- Gastroenterology, Pennsylvania State University, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, 2012
- Advanced Endosceopy, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 2013
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2008
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, 2012
Memberships and associations
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy