Dr. Falardeau received her medical degree from University of Montreal and completed her pphthalmology residency at the same institution. She subsequently did a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics. She returned to the University of Montreal for two years as an assistant professor of ophthalmology and then moved to Portland, Oregon. She is currently an associate professor of ophthalmology and works in the neuro-ophthalmology department at Casey Eye Institute.
Dr. Falardeau is a board certified ophthalmologist and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, as well as member of the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society. Her research interests include optic nerve imaging techniques and treatment of optic neuritis.
- M.D., University of Montreal, Montreal Canada 1996
- Ophthalmology, University of Montreal
- Neuro-ophthalmology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- "Optic disc haemorrhages at baseline as a risk factor for poor outcome in the Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Treatment Trial." British Journal of Ophthalmology In: , 27.01.2017.
- "Atypical Optic Neuritis." Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports In: , Vol. 15, No. 12, 76, 01.12.2015.
- "Risk factors for poor visual outcome in patients with idiopathic intracranial hypertension." Neurology In: , Vol. 85, No. 9, 01.09.2015, p. 799-805.
- "Homonymous hemianopia due to Erdheim-Chester disease." Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 34, No. 3, 2014, p. 237-242.
- "The use of acetazolamide during pregnancy in intracranial hypertension patients." Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 33, No. 1, 03.2013, p. 9-12.
- "Optic disc cupping associated with neurosyphilis." Journal of Glaucoma In: , Vol. 22, No. 2, 02.2013, p. 80-83.
- "Dural venous sinus angioplasty and stenting for the treatment of idiopathic intracranial hypertension." Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery In: , Vol. 5, No. 1, 01.2013, p. 62-68.
- "Giant Cell Arteritis." Neurologic Clinics In: , Vol. 28, No. 3, 08.2010, p. 581-591.
- "Vitreo-retinal traction and anastrozole use." Breast Cancer Research and Treatment In: , Vol. 117, No. 1, 09.2009, p. 9-16.
- "Retinal hemorrhages in anastrozole users." Optometry and Vision Science In: , Vol. 85, No. 5, 05.2008.
- "Differential effects of tamoxifen and anastrozole on optic cup size in breast cancer survivors." Breast Cancer Research and Treatment In: , Vol. 106, No. 2, 12.2007, p. 161-170.
- "Transvenous embolization of a dural carotid-cavernous sinus fistula via the inferior ophthalmic vein." Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery In: , Vol. 23, No. 6, 11.2007, p. 480-482.
- "Ophthalmoplegia and lid retraction with normal initial orbit CT imaging in extraocular muscle metastases as the presenting sign of breast carcinoma ." Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 27, No. 2, 06.2007, p. 144-146.
- "The use of acetazolamide in idiopathic intracranial hypertension during pregnancy." American Journal of Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 139, No. 5, 04.2005, p. 855-859.
- "Chronic myeloid leukemia mimicking idiopathic intracranial hypertension." Neuro-Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 26, No. 4, 12.2001, p. 229-234.