Dr. JoDee Anderson is an associate professor and the medical director of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unitat Oregon Health & Science University.
She completed her pediatric residency and neonatal-perinatal fellowship at Stanford University where she focused on the development of simulation-based curricula in neonatal resuscitation, pediatric advanced life support, ECMO crisis management, and crisis resource management behaviors. She serves as the director of pediatric simulation education at OHSU.
She obtained a masters degree in education through University of Cincinnati as she worked to validate expert modeling as a strategy to improve skill acquisition in simulation. She serves as chair of the Education Committee for the Society for Simulation in Healthcare; she was a member of the Board of Directors for the Oregon Simulation Alliance, and she was an investigator in the EXPRESS trial. She has more than 16 years of experience in simulation and she has developed interprofessional simulation curricula to improve the performance of interprofessional teams in high-risk environments. In 2011, she was appointed as the medical director for The S.T.A.B.L.E Simulation Program, an internationally renowned resuscitation-training program in neonatal care. She was also instrumental in the development of the Simulation Instructor DVD for The AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program. Together with colleagues she developed and validated the Behavioral Assessment Tool (BAT) for simulation, a widely used and accepted instrument in simulation education and research.
As a native Oregonian she enjoys all the outdoors have to offer; she spends her free time with her family skiing, camping, biking, and traveling.
- B.S., Oregon State University, 0 0 1994
- M.D., Meharry Medical College, 0 0 1998
- M.Ed., University of Cincinnati School of Education, 0 0 2009
- Stanford University, California, 2001
- Neonatology, Stanford University, 2004
- National Board of Medical Examiners Diplomate, 1999
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- "Learn, See, Practice, Prove, Do, Maintain : An Evidence-Based Pedagogical Framework for Procedural Skill Training in Medicine." Academic Medicine In: , Vol. 90, No. 8, 31.08.2015, p. 1025-1033.
- "Newborn with diffuse erythematous rash,weeping vesicles, and syndactyly." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 16, No. 2, 2015, p. e125-e128.
- "Educational perspectives : Telesimulation in neonatal resuscitation." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 15, No. 12, 01.12.2014, p. e514-e516.
- "Videos in clinical medicine. Reduction of pulled elbow." The New England journal of medicine In: , Vol. 371, No. 21, 20.11.2014, p. e32.
- "Reduction of pulled elbow." New England Journal of Medicine In: , Vol. 371, No. 21, 20.11.2014, p. e32.1-e32.3.
- "A randomized, controlled trial of in situ pediatric advanced life support recertification ("Pediatric Advanced Life Support Reconstructed") compared with standard pediatric advanced life support recertification for ICU frontline providers." Critical Care Medicine In: , Vol. 42, No. 3, 03.2014, p. 610-618.
- "Boot camps for neonatal-perinatal medicine fellows." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 15, No. 2, e46, 02.2014.
- "Evaluating videotaped role-modeling to teach crisis resource management principles." Clinical Simulation in Nursing In: , Vol. 9, No. 9, 09.2013.
- "Examining pediatric resuscitation education using simulation and scripted debriefing : A multicenter randomized trial." JAMA Pediatrics In: , Vol. 167, No. 6, 06.2013, p. 528-536.
- "Development and validation of a multiple choice examination assessing cognitive and behavioural knowledge of pediatric resuscitation : A report from the EXPRESS pediatric research collaborative." Resuscitation In: , Vol. 84, No. 3, 03.2013, p. 365-368.
- "Undetectable heart rate and no respiratory effort." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 12, 12.2012.
- "Infant gasps 8 minutes after birth." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 11, 11.2012.
- "Use of pulse oximetry in the delivery room." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 8, 08.2012.
- "Management of persistently low heart rate." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 7, 07.2012.
- "Delivery through meconium-stained amniotic fluid." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 6, 06.2012.
- "Bronchopulmonary dysplasia." Pediatrics in Review In: , Vol. 33, No. 6, 06.2012, p. 255-263.
- "Low heart rate in a late preterm infant." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 5, 05.2012.
- "Preventing heat loss in infants ." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 3, 03.2012.
- "NRP : When is oxygen indicated?" NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 2, 02.2012.
- "NRP : What is the appropriate response to persistent bradycardia?" NeoReviews In: , Vol. 13, No. 1, 01.2012.
- "Using Simulation to Enhance the Acquisition and Retention of Clinical Skills in Neonatology." Seminars in Perinatology In: , Vol. 35, No. 2, 04.2011, p. 59-67.
- "EXPRESS - Examining Pediatric Resuscitation Education Using Simulation and Scripting : The birth of an international pediatric simulation research collaborative - From concept to reality." Simulation in Healthcare In: , Vol. 6, No. 1, 02.2011, p. 34-41.
- "Newborn respiratory disorders." Pediatrics in Review In: , Vol. 31, No. 12, 12.2010, p. 487-496.
- "Core concepts : Respiratory distress syndrome." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 10, No. 7, 2009.
- "Educational perspectives : Modeling expertise in medical education." NeoReviews In: , Vol. 10, No. 9, 2009.
- "Instructional design dogma : Creating planned learning experiences in simulation." Journal of Critical Care In: , Vol. 23, No. 4, 12.2008, p. 595-602.
- "Umbilical vascular catheterization." New England Journal of Medicine In: , Vol. 359, No. 15, 09.10.2008.
- "Videos in clinical medicine. Umbilical vascular catheterization." The New England journal of medicine In: , Vol. 359, No. 15, 09.10.2008.
- "The authors reply ." New England Journal of Medicine In: , Vol. 357, No. 17, 25.10.2007, p. 1779.
- "Comparison of self-directed learning versus instructor-modeled learning during a simulated clinical experience." Simulation in Healthcare In: , Vol. 2, No. 3, 09.2007, p. 170-177.