Jeri Finn, M.S., R.D.N., L.D. is an instructor in the Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition at the OHSU School of Medicine. Finn is a registered dietitian nutritionist interested in dietetics education and community and public health nutrition.
Finn joined OHSU in 2010 after working as a nutrition educator at the Oregon Dairy and Nutrition Council, where she managed the organization's school-based nutrition education programs for the state of Oregon. She joined the faculty in the Graduate Programs in Human Nutrition as internship placement coordinator and instructor. She then directed the dietetic internship program from 2012 to 2015.
Her professional interests reside within community and public health nutrition, specifically in the areas of adult education, counseling, health literacy, nutrition policy, and weight management. Finn has also led the program through regional and specialized accreditation, adapting the curriculum to align with current accreditation standards.
Professional affiliations include the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors, Public Health/Community Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group, and the Oregon Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics where she currently serves on the board of directors as president. Finn has also volunteered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration as a registration exam item writer and reviewer, and served as a member of the 2015 Entry-Level Dietetic Practice Audit Task Force.
Areas of interest
- Community/Public Health Nutrition
- Nutrition Education
- Health Literacy
- Nutrition Policy
- Weight Management
- B.S., Pacific University 1999
- M.S., Oregon State University 2005
- Mid-Willamette Valley Dietetic Internship, 2007-2008
Honors and awards
- Award of Achievement, Oregon Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2008
- Oregon Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2010
- OHSU Faculty Senate Outstanding Service Award, Affiliated Units and Institutes, 2016
Memberships and associations
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors
- Oregon Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (President, member)
Griswold K, Rogers D, Sauer KL, Leibovitz PK, Finn JR. Entry-Level Dietetics Practice Today: Results from the 2015 Commission on Dietetic Registration Entry-Level Dietetics Practice Audit. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2016;116(10):1632-1684.