Dr. Takusagawa received her undergraduate degree from Harvard University and her medical degree from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. She then moved back to Boston to complete her ophthalmology residency at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary of Harvard Medical School. She completed subspecialty fellowship training in glaucoma at Devers Eye Institute and Casey Eye Institute. Her clinical interests include the medical, surgical and laser treatment of adult glaucoma, as well as complex glaucoma and cataract surgery. She particularly enjoys developing long-term relationships with her patients.
- A.B., Harvard University, Cambridge Massachusetts 2002
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York New York 2007
- Harvard Medical School/ Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Devers Eye Institute/ Casey Eye Institute
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- "Projection-Resolved Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography of Macular Retinal Circulation in Glaucoma." Ophthalmology In: , 2017.
- "Compensation for reflectance variation in vessel density quantification by optical coherence tomography angiography." Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science In: , Vol. 57, No. 10, 01.08.2016, p. 4485-4492.
- "Optical coherence tomography angiography of the peripapillary retina in glaucoma." JAMA Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 133, No. 9, 01.09.2015, p. 1045-1052.
- "Concurrent threshold retinopathy of prematurity and abusive head trauma." JAMA Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 133, No. 1, 01.01.2015, p. 84.
- "Long-term complications associated with glaucoma drainage devices and boston keratoprosthesis." American Journal of Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 154, No. 1, 07.2012, p. 207-208.
- "Bilateral uveal effusion and angle-closure glaucoma associated with bupropion use." Archives of Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 130, No. 1, 01.2012, p. 120-122.
- "Fuchs heterochromic iridocyclitis and the rubella virus." International Ophthalmology Clinics In: , Vol. 51, No. 4, 09.2011, p. 1-12.
- "Infectious theories of posner-schlossman syndrome." International Ophthalmology Clinics In: , Vol. 51, No. 4, 09.2011, p. 105-115.