Dr. Scott received a B.A. in psychology from Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, in 1993, and a medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, in 1997. In 2003, Dr. David Scott completed his residency and post-doctoral training, as well as a specialty fellowship in surgery research, at The University of Iowa College of Medicine. Following his residency, he completed a specialty fellowship in transplant surgery at the University of Wisconsin, Division of Organ Transplantation in Madison, Wisconsin, from 2003 – 2005.
Dr. Scott joined the Department of Surgery faculty at Oregon Health & Science University in July 2005, and is currently assistant professor of surgery in the Department of Abdominal Transplantation. In addition, Dr. Scott holds an appointment as assistant professor of surgery in the Division of Urology. In July of 2009, Dr. David Scott became the director of kidney transplant at Oregon Health & Science University, Department of Abdominal Transplant.
In addition to his busy clinical practice and academic appointments, Dr. Scott is actively involved in outside organizations. In August of 2008, Dr. Scott was appointed medical director of the Pacific Northwest Transplant Bank in Portland, Oregon and is a member of the board of directors. In 2009, he was asked to represent the Northwest Region on the United Network of Organ Sharing Pancreas Committee. Dr. Scott is a member of the American Medical Association, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Transplantation, American Society of Transplant Surgeons, and the Donation and Transplantation Action Council.
Areas of interest
- Kidney transplantation
- M.D., Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago Illinois 1997
- General surgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics 1997-2003
- Transplant surgery, University of Wisconsin, Division of Organ Transplantation, Madison, WI
- American Board of Surgery, surgery
Memberships and associations
- American Medical Association American College of Surgeons
- "Waiting time predicts survival after liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma : A cohort study using the United Network for Organ Sharing registry." Liver Transplantation In: , Vol. 20, No. 9, 2014, p. 1045-1056.
- "Impact of locoregional therapy and alpha-fetoprotein on outcomes in transplantation for liver cancer : A UNOS Region 6 pooled analysis." Clinical Transplantation In: , Vol. 27, No. 1, 01.2013.
- "Renal vein lengthening using gonadal vein reduces surgical difficulty in living-donor kidney transplantation." World Journal of Surgery In: , Vol. 36, No. 2, 02.2012, p. 473-474.
- "African American living-kidney donors should be screened for apol1 risk alleles." Transplantation In: , Vol. 92, No. 7, 15.10.2011, p. 722-725.
- "Hepatic and cardiac iron overload among patients with end-stage liver disease referred for liver transplantation." Clinical Transplantation In: , Vol. 24, No. 5, 09.2010, p. 643-651.
- "Long-term management of the liver transplant patient : Recommendations for the primary care doctor: Special feature." American Journal of Transplantation In: , Vol. 9, No. 9, 09.2009, p. 1988-2003.
- "Orthotopic, but Reversed Implantation of the Liver Allograft in Situs Inversus Totalis - A Simple New Approach to a Difficult Problem : Case Report." American Journal of Transplantation In: , Vol. 9, No. 7, 07.2009, p. 1602-1606.
- "Survivin inhibits apoptosis induced by TRAIL, and the ratio between survivin and TRAIL receptors is predictive of recurrent disease in neuroblastoma." Journal of Pediatric Surgery In: , Vol. 41, No. 8, 08.2006, p. 1431-1440.
- "Donation after cardiac death : the University of Wisconsin experience." Annals of transplantation : quarterly of the Polish Transplantation Society In: , Vol. 9, No. 1, 2004, p. 68-71.
- "CpG oligonucleotides enhance the tumor antigen-specific immune response of a granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor-based vaccine strategy in neuroblastoma." Cancer Research In: , Vol. 63, No. 2, 15.01.2003, p. 394-399.
- "Survivin expression in juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis." Annals of Otology, Rhinology and Laryngology In: , Vol. 111, No. 11, 01.11.2002, p. 957-961.
- "Induction and regulation of tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand/Apo-2 ligand-mediated apoptosis in renal cell carcinoma." Cancer Research In: , Vol. 62, No. 11, 01.06.2002, p. 3093-3099.
- "The survivin : Fas ratio is predictive of recurrent disease in neuroblastoma." Journal of Pediatric Surgery In: , Vol. 37, No. 3, 2002, p. 507-511.
- "The survivin : fas ratio in pediatric renal tumors." Journal of Pediatric Surgery In: , Vol. 36, No. 1, 2001, p. 37-42.
- "The inhibitor of apoptosis protein survivin is associated with high-risk behavior of neuroblastoma." Journal of Pediatric Surgery In: , Vol. 36, No. 12, 2001, p. 1785-1791.