Dr. Naik earned her bachelor's degree at Yale University and completed her medical school training at New York University School of Medicine, followed by a surgical residency at New York University. She has completed a surgical oncology fellowship at the surgery branch of the National Cancer Institute and a breast surgical oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Her research interests include sentinel node biopsy, multidisciplinary trials, and surgical outcomes research in the area of breast cancer and breast disease. She also has a special clinical interest in oncoplastic breast surgery, skin-sparing mastectomy, and nipple-sparing mastectomy. Facing Fatal Genes (VIDEO) - Dr. Naik and Dr. Reid Mueller answer questions they frequently hear treating women with high risk of breast cancer. [ from Oregonline.com ]
- General surgery residency: New York University School of Medicine
- Surgical oncology: National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health Breast Surgical Oncology: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Oregon Board of Medical Examiners (2004)
Memberships and associations
- Active member, American Society of Breast Surgeons
- "Enhancing an oncologist’s recommendation to exercise to manage fatigue levels in breast cancer patients : a randomized controlled trial." Supportive Care in Cancer In: , 30.09.2017, p. 1-8.
- "Cystic neutrophilic granulomatous mastitis : Association with gram-positive bacilli and corynebacterium." American Journal of Clinical Pathology In: , Vol. 145, No. 5, 01.05.2016, p. 635-645.
- "Manufacture and evaluation of 3-dimensional printed sizing tools for use during intraoperative breast brachytherapy." Advances in Radiation Oncology In: , Vol. 1, No. 2, 01.04.2016, p. 132-135.
- "Early prediction and evaluation of breast cancer response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy using quantitative DCE-MRI." Translational Oncology In: , Vol. 9, No. 1, 01.02.2016, p. 8-17.
- "Sulforaphane bioavailability and chemopreventive activity in women scheduled for breast biopsy." Cancer Prevention Research In: , Vol. 8, No. 12, 01.12.2015, p. 1184-1191.
- "Gene expression signatures of breast cancer stem and progenitor cells do not exhibit features of Warburg metabolism." Stem Cell Research and Therapy In: , Vol. 6, No. 1, 157, 28.08.2015.
- "Estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 are variable in breast cancer and benign stem/progenitor cell populations." BMC Cancer In: , Vol. 14, No. 1, 733, 30.09.2014.
- "Intratumor mapping of intracellular water lifetime : Metabolic images of breast cancer?" NMR in Biomedicine In: , Vol. 27, No. 7, 2014, p. 760-773.
- "Correlation of breast cancer axillary lymph node metastases with stem cell Mutations." JAMA Surgery In: , Vol. 148, No. 9, 09.2013, p. 873-878.
- "Impact of American College of Surgeons Oncology Group Z0011 and National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project B-32 trial results on surgeon practice in the Pacific Northwest." American Journal of Surgery In: , Vol. 203, No. 5, 05.2012, p. 618-622.
- "Fresh surgical specimens yield breast stem/progenitor cells and reveal their oncogenic abnormalities." Annals of Surgical Oncology In: , Vol. 19, No. 2, 02.2012, p. 527-535.
- "Comparative validation of online nomograms for predicting nonsentinel lymph node status in sentinel lymph node-positive breast cancer." Archives of Surgery In: , Vol. 146, No. 9, 09.2011, p. 1035-1040.
- "Strength training stops bone loss and builds muscle in postmenopausal breast cancer survivors : A randomized, controlled trial." Breast Cancer Research and Treatment In: , Vol. 127, No. 2, 06.2011, p. 447-456.
- "Factors influencing accuracy of axillary sentinel lymph node frozen section for breast cancer." American Journal of Surgery In: , Vol. 199, No. 5, 05.2010, p. 629-635.
- "Using complications associated with postmastectomy radiation and immediate breast reconstruction to improve surgical decision making." Archives of Surgery In: , Vol. 145, No. 9, 2010, p. 873-878.
- "In Brief." Current Problems in Surgery In: , Vol. 46, No. 12, 12.2009, p. 934-942.
- "Breast Cancer in Premenopausal Women." Current Problems in Surgery In: , Vol. 46, No. 12, 12.2009, p. 944-1004.
- "Screening for breast cancer : An update for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force." Annals of Internal Medicine In: , Vol. 151, No. 10, 17.11.2009, p. 727-737.
- "Receptor status and ethnicity of indigent patients with breast cancer in New York City." Archives of Surgery In: , Vol. 143, No. 12, 12.2008, p. 1227-1230.
- "A declining rate of completion axillary dissection in sentinel lymph node-positive breast cancer patients is associated with the use of a multivariate nomogram." Annals of Surgery In: , Vol. 245, No. 3, 03.2007, p. 462-468.
- "Locoregional Recurrence after Mastectomy : Incidence and Outcomes." Journal of the American College of Surgeons In: , Vol. 203, No. 4, 10.2006, p. 469-474.
- "Intravenous and isolated limb perfusion delivery of wild type and a tumor-selective replicating mutant vaccinia virus in nonhuman primates." Human Gene Therapy In: , Vol. 17, No. 1, 01.2006, p. 31-45.
- "The enhanced tumor selectivity of an oncolytic vaccinia lacking the host range and antiapoptosis genes SPI-1 and SPI-2." Cancer Research In: , Vol. 65, No. 21, 01.11.2005, p. 9991-9998.
- "The risk of axillary relapse after sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancer is comparable with that of axillary lymph node dissection : A follow-up study of 4008 procedures." Annals of Surgery In: , Vol. 240, No. 3, 09.2004, p. 462-471.
- "Indigent breast cancer patients among all racial and ethnic groups present with more advanced disease compared with nationally reported data." American Journal of Surgery In: , Vol. 186, No. 4, 10.2003, p. 400-403.
- "Reoperation for hyperparathyroidism in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1." Surgery In: , Vol. 130, No. 6, 2001, p. 991-998.