Dr. Skalet specializes in treating adult and pediatric patients with ocular tumors. She enjoys working with an outstanding team of professionals dedicated to the care of patients with cancers of the eye. Dr. Skalet provides medical and surgical care for patients with a wide variety of benign and malignant eye tumors, including retinoblastoma, uveal and conjunctival melanoma, metastatic lesions, intraocular lymphoma, and vascular tumors. Her goal is to provide care that is both cutting-edge and compassionate.
Experience training as an ophthalmic pathologist, evaluating tissue at the microscopic level, enhances Dr. Skalet’s clinical practice in eye tumors. Dr. Skalet’s current research interests focus on novel ophthalmic imaging modalities including optical coherence tomography angiography, collaborative clinical studies investigating prognostic biopsy for uveal melanoma, and clinical trials in ocular oncology.
In her free time, Dr. Skalet loves to spend time with her family exploring all the Pacific Northwest has to offer. She enjoys hiking, skiing, reading and singing.Read more
- B.S., Tulane University, New Orleans Louisiana 1998
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2005
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2006
- Internship, pediatrics, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, 2007
- Ocular oncology and ophthalmic pathology, Casey Eye Institute/Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, 2012
- American Board of Ophthalmology, 2012
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- "Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography Characteristics of Iris Melanocytic Tumors." Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 124, No. 2, 01.02.2017, p. 197-204.
- "Vitreous veils associated with congenital X-linked retinoschisis." JAMA Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 133, No. 8, 01.08.2015.
- "Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the orbit : A case report." Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery In: , Vol. 31, No. 1, 2015, p. e22-e23.
- "Clinical features of newly diagnosed cytomegalovirus retinitis in Northern Thailand." American Journal of Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 153, No. 5, 05.2012.
- "Accuracy and reliability of telemedicine for diagnosis of cytomegalovirus retinitis." American Journal of Ophthalmology In: , Vol. 152, No. 6, 12.2011.
- "Anterior uveitis associated with high-dose cytosine arabinoside." Ocular Immunology and Inflammation In: , Vol. 18, No. 6, 12.2010, p. 485-487.
- "Antibiotic selection pressure and macrolide resistance in Nasopharyngeal Streptococcus pneumoniae : A cluster-randomized clinical trial." PLoS Medicine In: , Vol. 7, No. 12, e1000377, 12.2010.
- "More to mutton than meets the eye." Journal of General Internal Medicine In: , Vol. 25, No. 9, 09.2010, p. 989.
- "Telemedicine screening for retinopathy of prematurity in developing countries using digital retinal images : A feasibility project." Journal of AAPOS In: , Vol. 12, No. 3, 06.2008, p. 252-258.
- "Rapid B cell receptor-induced unfolded protein response in nonsecretory B cells correlates with pro- versus antiapoptotic cell fate." Journal of Biological Chemistry In: , Vol. 280, No. 48, 02.12.2005, p. 39762-39771.
- "Human cytomegalovirus infection activates and regulates the unfolded protein response." Journal of Virology In: , Vol. 79, No. 11, 06.2005, p. 6890-6899.