The Oregon Health & Science University Department of Pathology fills two one-year Surgical Pathology Fellowship positions per year. As the major tertiary care referral center for the entire state of Oregon, OHSU offers a full spectrum of surgical pathology material with an average workload of 20,000 cases per year, including substantial numbers of GI, GU, Gyn, head and neck, pediatric and soft tissue/bone cases. Assigned responsibilities include initial interpretation of biopsies, resection specimens, frozen sections and oversight of the cutting room. The fellowship may include up to three months of elective time, including your choice of rotations in hematopathology, dermatopathology, renal pathology, neuropathology, cytopathology, cytogenetics and molecular pathology. The fellow also is assigned to present unknown case conferences to the residents. Participation in clinical research activities is encouraged. Located on a scenic hill overlooking downtown Portland, the OHSU campus is less than 90 minutes from Mt. Hood, the Columbia River Gorge and the beautiful Oregon coast, providing endless opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Program Director: Atiya Mansoor, MD
- Requirements: Applicants must have completed 3 years of AP or 4 years of AP/CP training. Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S., or eligible to obtain work authorization.
- Stipend: The stipend is commensurate with the year of postgraduate training.
- Next Available Position: July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2014-15 position.
We encourage electronic applications. If you submit your documents electronically, please include a jpeg head shot photo. We also accept letters of recommendation electronically, emailed directly from the writer/institution of origin.
- Interviews: Selected applicants are invited for an interview during which they must make a 40 minute presentation to the department.
To apply for the Surgical Pathology Fellowship at OHSU, please submit the following:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Applicants selected for hire must also provide:
(Some documents may be requested at interview stage)
- Dean's letter
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Certificate and scores
- Letter of verification of previous training
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
OHSU is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Send all materials to:
Oregon Health & Science University
Pathology Department, L-113
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239-3098