|2001 BS, Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Nevada Las Vegas, Cum Laude
2007 MD, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
2007-2012 Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency, University of California San Francisco
2010-2011 Surgical Pathology Fellowship, University of California San Francisco
2012-2013 Hematopathology Fellowship, Stanford University
|2011 Anatomic Pathology
2012 Clinical Pathology
- Hasserjian RP, Campigotto F, Klepeis V, Fu B, Wang SA, Bueso-Ramos C, Cascio MJ, Rogers HJ, Hsi ED, Soderquist C, Bagg A, Yan J, Ochs R, Orazi A, Moore F, Mahmoud A, George TI, Foucar K, Odem J, Booth C, Morice W, DeAngelo DJ, Steensma D, Stone RM, Neuberg D, Arber DA. De novo acute myeloid leukemia with 20-29% blasts is less aggressive than acute myeloid leukemia with 30% blasts in older adults: a Bone Marrow Pathology Group study. Am J Hematol. 2014 Jul 16.
- Cascio MJ, O'Donnell RJ, Goldsby RE, Horvai AE. Are areas of isolated atypical cells or residual tumor cartilage prognostically significant in neoadjuvant treated osteosarcoma? An analysis of 106 consecutive cases from a single institution. The Open Pathology Journal, 2013, 7, 7-15.
- Cascio MJ and Lu CM. Serum free light chain analysis and plasma cell neoplasms. American Society of Clinical Pathology Case Reports; 2013.
- Cascio MJ, O'Donnell RJ, Horvai AE. Epithelioid sarcoma expresses epidermal growth factor receptor but gene amplification and kinase domain mutations are rare. Mod Pathol. 2010 Apr;23(4):574-80.
- Cascio M, Xing Y, Gong D, Popovich J, Eger EI 2nd, Sen S, Peltz G, Sonner JM. Mouse chromosome 7 harbors a quantitative trait locus for isoflurane minimum alveolar concentration. Anesth Analg. 2007 Aug;105(2):381-5.
- Cascio M and Gollard R. Pseudomyxoma peritonei. Consultant 2007. Vol. 47 No. 4.
- Sonner JM, Cascio M, Xing Y, Fanselow MS, Kralic JE, Morrow AL, Korpi ER, Hardy S, Sloat B, Eger EI 2nd, Homanics GE. Alpha 1 subunit-containing GABA type A receptors in forebrain contribute to the effect of inhaled anesthetics on conditioned fear. Molecular Pharmacology 2005; 68(1):61-8.
- Xing Y, Sonner JM, Eger EI 2nd, Cascio M, Sessler DI. Mice with a melanocortin 1 receptor mutation have a slightly greater minimum alveolar concentration than control mice. Anesthesiology. 2004 Aug;101(2):544-6.
Cascio MJ, Natkunam Y. Microenvironment in Hodgkin Lymphoma. In: McManus LM, Mitchell RN, eds. The Pathobiology of Human Disease: A Dynamic Encyclopedia of Disease Mechanisms. Elsevier, 2014 (in press).
- Cascio MJ, Johnson RC, Gammon B, Kim J, Natkunam Y, Freud AG. Myeloid Cell Nuclear Differentiation Antigen (MNDA) Expression Distinguishes Myeloid Neoplasms Presenting in Extramedullary Sites from Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, San Diego, CA, March 2014.
- Hasserjian RP, Campigotto F, Klepeis V, Fu B, Wang SA, Cascio MJ, Rogers HJ, Hsi ED, Soderquist C, Bagg A, Yang J, Ochs RC, Orazi A, Foucar F, Moore F, Mahmoud A, George TI, DeAngelo DJ, Steensma DP, Stone RM, Neuberg DS, Arber DA. Refractory Anemia With Excess Blasts In Transformation (Acute Myeloid Leukemia with 20-29% Blasts) in Older Adults is Less Aggressive Than Acute Myeloid Leukemia With 30% Blasts. American Society for Hematology, New Orleans, LA, December 2013.
- Cascio MJ, Wang DD, Deans AE, Barkovich AJ, Tihan TT. Transmantle focal cortical dysplasia: a clinic-pathologic study of 12 cases emphasizing histopathologic features. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Vancouver, B.C., March 2012.
- Cascio MJ and Rabban JT. Post-Hysterectomy Vaginal Cuff Lesions: a clinico-pathologic study, emphasizing diagnostic challenges and outcome. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Washington D.C., March 2010.
- Cascio MJ, O'Donnell RJ, Goldsby RE, Horvai AE. Morphologic patterns of residual viable osteosarcoma in neoadjuvant-chemotherapy treated patients: a clinico-pathologic study of 101 cases at a single institution. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Washington D.C., March 2010.
- Cascio MJ, O'Donnell RJ, Horvai AE. Epithelioid sarcoma expresses epidermal growth factor receptor but gene amplification and kinase domain mutations are rare. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Boston, MA, March 2009.
- Cascio MJ, Zmora O, Wan Z, Yang B, Keshelava N, Reynolds CP: Multidrug resistance in neuroblastoma cell lines is not associated with altered mRNA expression of ceramide pathway enzymes. Proc Amer Assoc Cancer Res 2004; 45:140.
Last Updated: 08/09/2010