Residency - Salary and Benefits
The salary levels for residents/fellows for the 2010/2011 academic year are listed below. The annual salary is dependent upon the level of postgraduate training the resident/fellow has completed within the United States.
• Health Insurance: House officers are given an "allowance" from OHSU to cover the cost of group insurance programs sponsored by the university.
• Retirement Plan: Limited voluntary retirement plan that allows house officer to invest up to 20 percent of their salary, or $10,000 per year, whichever is less, in tax-deferred annuities and mutual funds.
• Liability Insurance: This is provided to the house officer through the State of Oregon, covering all duties and acts performed within the scope of the training program.
• Paid Vacation: 3 weeks of annual paid vacation (not cumulative from year to year).
• Sick Leave: 2 weeks with pay annually for absence from service that is due to illness, bodily injury, necessity for medical or dental care, or because of illness or death in the immediate family of the house officer or the house officer's spouse. It is cumulative throughout the term of service of the house officer.
• Parking space: A space is always assured for every house officer at a reduced cost.
• Public Transportation: Bus passes and "Max" light-rail services are provided at substantially reduced prices.
• For more information on benefits for the Graduate Medical Education's webpage (Look under Terms & Conditions of Employment)