Dr. Olyaei is the author of 100 peer and non-peer
reviewed articles in the area of drug safety in renal and liver failure
and pharmacology of new drugs in clinical practice as well as 17 book
chapters. Dr. Olyaei has been honored by Oregon Society of Professional
Pharmacists as the Pharmacist of the Year Award, Oregon Society of
Hospital Pharmacists; Practitioner of the Year Award , Oregon Health
Sciences University; Preceptor of the Year Award
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy - June 1988, Oregon
State University, College of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy - December 1991, University of Kansas, College
of Clinical Pharmacy
Board Certification: Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 1994-2001
Board Certification: Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 2001-2007
Working with other health care providers to develop successful research
projects in the field of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacoeconomics.
The major goals of clinical studies are to improve drug prescribing,
minimize toxicity and improve compliance in transplant patients. Interested
in health-related outcomes, including reducing adverse drug reactions,
drug-drug interactions and over all healthcare utilization.
- Olyaei AJ, deMattos AM, Bennett, WM. “Renal Toxicity of
Protease Inhibitors.” Current Opinion in Nephrology, 2000;9:473.
- Olyaei AJ, Thi K, deMattos AM, Bennett, WM. “ Use of Basiliximab
and Daclizumab in Renal Transplantation.” Progress in Transplantation,
- Green M, Olyaei AJ. “Cardiovascular Complications of Immunosuppressive
Drugs.” Clinical Trends, 2001;4:82.
- Gopal DV, Rabkin JM, Berk BS, Corless CL, Chou S, Olyaei AJ,
Orloff SL, Rosen HR. “Treatment of Progressive Hepatitis C
Recurrence Following Liver Transplantation with Interferon Plus
Ribavirin.” Liver Transplantation, 2001;7:181.
- Rabkin JM, Orloff SL,. Corless CL, Rosen HR, Olyaei AJ. “Late
Mortality in Liver Transplant Recipients.” American Journal
Of Surgery, 2001;181:475.
- Olyaei AJ, Green M. “Infection Complications in Transplant
Patients.” PSAP-IV Infectious Diseases, American College of
Clinical Pharmacy, 2001.
- Rabkin JM, Rosen HR, Corless CL, Orloff SL, Olyaei AJ. “Prophylactic
Antiviral Therapy In CMV High?Risk Liver Transplant Recipients.”
Transplantation Proceeding, 2001;33:1811.
- Rabkin JM, Corless CL, Rosen HR, Olyaei AJ. “Pharmacoeconomic
Study Of Tacrolimus?Based Versus Cyclosporine?Based Immunosuppressive
Therapy Following Liver Transplantation.’ Transplantation
- Sparks J, Olyaei AJ. “Management of Alcoholic Liver Diseases.”
Pharmacy Times, 11;6:12.
- Randhawa M, Olyaei AJ. “Update on Immunosuppressive Drugs.”
Drug Topics, 2001;10:36.
- Olyaei AJ, deMattos AM, Bennett, WM “Renal Toxicity of
Immunosuppressive Drugs.” Current Opinion in Critical Care
- Rabkin JM, Corless CL, Rosen HR, Olyaei AJ. “Cardiovascular
Complications of Immunosuppressive Drugs in Liver Transplant Recipients.”
American Journal of Surgery 2002;
- Rabkin JM, Corless CL, Rosen HR, Olyaei AJ. “Renal and
Cardiovascular Complication of Immunosuppressive Drugs in Liver
Transplant Recipients”.Transplantation Preceeding 2002.
- Sutton SS, Gomez E, Papadopoulo J, Olyaei AJ, Cazes J, Hennenfent
J, Ambegaonkar AJ, Lubowski TJ. “Multicenter Evaluation of
Risk Factors for Aspergillosis in Patients Treated with Lipid Amphotericin
B Products: Outcomes, Drug Utilization Parameters, and Benchmarking”
Hospital Formulary, 2003; (Feb)