In addition to her research interests, Dr. Anderson
is the Medical Chief at the VA Medical Center; Program
Director for the OHSU/VAMC Nephrology Fellowship program, and a member
of several national organizations. She currently serves as Chair of
the Nephrology Section of the American Board of Internal Medicine.
B.A., University of Maryland 1971
M.D., Louisiana State University Medical Center 1979
Internal Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University 1979-1982
Nephrology - Beth Israel Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 1982-1983
Nephrology Research - Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical
- Hypertension and the kidney, Pathophysiology of the aging kidney,
- Hormonal modulation of renal function, and Mechanisms of progressive
Acute and chronic renal failure, hypertension, diabetic nephropathy.
- Anderson S, Jung FF, Ingelfinger JR. Renin-angiotensin system
in diabetic rats: functional, immunohistochemical, and molecular
biologic correlations. Am J Physiol 265:F477-F486, 1993
- Tank JE, Vora JP, Houghton DC, Anderson S. Altered renal vascular
responses in the aging rat kidney. Am J Physiol. 1994;266;F942-F948.
- Kelly FJ, Anderson S, Thompson MM, Oyama TT, Kennifick TM, Corless
CL, Roman RJ, Kurtzberg L, Pratt BM, Ledbetter SR. Acute and chronic
renal effects of recombinant human TGF-_2 in the rat. J Am Soc Nephrol.
1999;10:1264-1273. Download PDF
- Kennefick TM, Al-Nimri MA, Oyama TT, Thompson MM, Kelly FJ, Chapman
JG, Anderson S. Hypertension and renal injury in experimental polycystic
kidney disease. Kidney Int. 1999; 56:2181-2190
- Thompson MM, Oyama TT, Kelly FJ, Kennefick TM, Anderson S. Activity
and responsiveness of the renin-angiotensin system in the aging
rat. Am J Physiol 279:R1787-R1794, 2000. Download
- Komers R, Lindsley JN, Oyama TT, Allison KM, Anderson S. Role
of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (NOS1) in the pathogenesis of
renal hemodynamic changes in diabetes. Am J Physiol. 2000 Sep;279(3):F573-83.
- Kang D-H, Anderson S, Kim Y-G, Mazzali M, Suga S-I, Jefferson
JA, Gordon KL, Oyama TT, Hughes J, Hugo C, Kerjaschki D, Schreiner
GF, Johnson RJ. Impaired angiogenesis in the aging kidney: vascular
endothelial growth factor and thrombospondin-1 in renal disease.
Am J Kidney Dis 37:601-611, 2001
- Komers R, Lindsley JN, Oyama TT, Schutzer WE, Reed JF, Mader SL,
Anderson S. Immunohistochemical and functional correlations of renal
cyclooxygenase-2 in experimental diabetes. J Clin Invest 197:889-898,
2001. Download PDF
- Komers R, Tian W, Lindsley JN, Oyama TT, Cohen DM, Anderson S.
Effects of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibition on plasma and renal
renin in diabetes. J Lab Clin Med 140:351-357, 2002
- Al-Nimri MA, Komers R, Oyama TT, Subramanya AR, Lindsley JN, Anderson
S. Endothelial-derived vasoactive mediators in polycystic kidney
disease. Kidney Int 63:1176-1784, 2003