This course will be held at:
The Marriott Residence Inn - Riverplace
2115 S.W. River Parkway, Portland, OR 97201
location map: www.residenceinn.com/pdxri
Pre-registration is required to ensure course materials will be available. If you need to confirm your registration, please email a request to
. Same day registration will be available as space permits.
Download registration form (PDF)
No refunds will be issued for cancellations after January 28, 2005.
OHSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution.
This is a one-day course to update Primary Care Physicians in the Clinical Management of primary and secondary hypertension. Nationally recognized Nephrologists will provide state of the art guidelines on identifying, treating and managing primary and secondary hypertension.
At the conclusion of this program attendees should have enhanced knowledge of and improved skills in:
- Appropriately classifying and establishing targets for, and treating high blood pressure based on JNC 7 guidelines and "compelling indications".
- Evaluating risks for and indications for workup of renovascular hypertension; assess performance of available screening tests and risk/benefits of treatment options.
- Evaluating risk factors, utilizing appropriate screening and diagnostic tests for identifying classic primary hyperaldosteronism; recognizing the broadening scope of aldosterone's extrarenal actions and its role in monogenetic essential and obesity hypertension.
- Identifying major pathogenetic pathways and applying tailored treatment strategies in obesity-associated hypertension.
- Understanding mechanisms and applying tailored treatment strategies in hypertension accompanying Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Using new and established clinical-trial information to re-assess pharmacologic agents and regimens in management of hypertension.