School Nursing Web Sites
Children's and Adolescents' Health Web Sites
- AAP, School Health Resources for Pediatricians
Produced by the American Academy of Pediatrics, it includes links to a variety of resources
for health practioners working with or in schools.
- Advocates for Youth
Dedicated to creating programs and promoting policies which help young people
make informed and responsible decisions about their sexual and reproductive health, it includes
links to pertinent web sites and a list of publications, some of them written by teens, for teens.
- ASHA: American School Health Association
Information about the association as well as a list of publications.
- Healthy Schools, Healthy
A program of the Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC), it provides a valuable model
of how to use schools effectively as primary care access points for at-risk children.
- Links to School Nurse Resources
Resources for school nurses by school nurses.
- MedWebPlus: School Health
A list of school health resources.
- National Assembly on School-Based Health Care
A nonprofit private association representing school-based health care providers and
supporters, it includes an excellent list of links to other health web sites, and a
- National Association of School Nurses, Inc.
Information about the organization, with a list of publications.
- National Association of School Nurses for the Deaf
Maintained by the publishers of School Health Alert,
a monthly newsletter for school nurse, it includes articles, a bookstore,
a forum, and links to websites pertinent to school nurses.
- School Nursing Links
An excellent list of links from the California School Nurses Organization.
- School Nursing Resource Sampler
An excellent list of resources compiled by National Network of Libraries of Medicine,
Pacific Northwest Region (NN/LM PNR) Staff.
- WWNURSE.COM: School Nursing Resources
Links to school nursing resources.
- AMA Adolescent Health Online
The American Medical Association's (AMA) Program on Child and Adolescent Health resources
for information on adolescent health issues and their Guidelines for Adolescent
Preventive Services (GAPS) program.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent
Includes both clinical and consumer health information.
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Health information for the practitioner and consumers.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Information for practitioners and consumers.
- Better Health: Children's Health
From iVillage.com, it includes general health information as well as chat rooms and message
- drkooop.com: Children's Health
An excellent site for health information for children and adolescents.
A database of health information, much of it from government publications; it includes lists
- KidsHealth at the AMA
Health information from the American Medical Association.
- Infectious Diseases in Children
Current news and information along with specialty forums.
InteliHealth: Childhood Conditions
- http://www.intelihealth.com/ (select "Childhood Conditions" from this page)
Health information from Johns Hopkins University Hospital and Health System.
From the National Library of Medicine, includes information on a variety of health topics,
as well as list of organizations, medical dictionaries, and other resources.
- http://WWW.MedWeb.Emory.Edu/MedWeb/ (select "Browse by Keyword" then select "Pediatrics"
An extensive list of sites with health information on children and adolescents from Emory
Links to Consumer
and Patient Education Resources: Child and Adolescent Health
A list of links to sites with good health information for children, parents, and providers.
- Society for Adolescent
Includes links to adolescent health information.
Selected by Dolores Zegar Judkins, MLS