Join Team OHSU for Light the Night
Saturday, October 19, at 5 p.m.
Light the Night is an evening walk where glowing balloons light the 2-mile journey and give hope to those impacted by blood cancers. Join Team OHSU and support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), a longtime partner and funder of OHSU.
Support from LLS was vital in the development of Gleevec, a powerful weapon against chronic myeloid leukemia and one of the major breakthroughs at OHSU by Dr. Brian Druker, director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and JELD-WEN Chair of Leukemia Research.
The LLS helps fund promising research and offers a strong set of services for patients and families affected by blood cancer. OHSU is committed to supporting Light the Night, with President Joe Robertson leading the way as Walk chair.
Our goals are to:
- Register 1,000 team members across 40 OHSU teams
- Raise $40,000
With your help, we know we can achieve our goals.
- WHO: Anybody can join an OHSU team – employees, friends, relatives, neighbors, patients and kids!
- WHAT: A 2-mile evening walk with glowing balloons to honor all those impacted by blood cancers.
- WHERE: Oregon Convention Center, Hall D
- WHEN: Saturday, October 19. Doors open at 5 p.m., walk begins at 7 p.m. There will be activities and refreshments before the walk starts, including team photos.
- CONTACT: Alena Lam, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 503-494-5293