Join Team OHSU for Light the Night
Saturday, October 8, at 5 p.m.
Light the Night is an evening walk where glowing lanterns light the 2-mile journey and give hope to those impacted by blood cancers. Join teams from OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and Doernbecher Children’s Hospital to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), a longtime partner and funder of OHSU. LLS helps fund promising research and offers a strong set of services for patients and families affected by blood cancer.
LLS and OHSU are collaborating in the Beat AML initiative, which brings together researchers to help improve treatment options for people with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). AML is a devastating blood cancer that causes more than 10,000 deaths a year in the United States.
Support from LLS was also vital in the development of Gleevec, a powerful weapon against chronic myeloid leukemia and one of the major breakthroughs at OHSU by Dr. Brian Druker, director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and JELD-WEN Chair of Leukemia Research.
- WHO: Anybody can join an OHSU team – employees, friends, relatives, neighbors, patients and kids!
- WHAT: A free, 2-mile walk to honor all those impacted by blood cancers.
- WHERE: Oregon Convention Center, Hall D
- WHEN: Saturday, October 8. Doors open at 5 p.m. and walk begins at 7 p.m. There will be activities and refreshments before the walk starts.
- CONTACT: Marilynn Hubin: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503 494-1617, select option 6.