Join Team OHSU for Light the Night
Saturday, October 25, at 5 p.m.
Light the Night is an evening walk where glowing balloons light the 2-mile journey and give hope to those impacted by blood cancers. Join teams from OHSU Knight Cancer Center and OHSU Doernbecher and support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), a longtime partner and funder of OHSU. The LLS helps fund promising research and offers a strong set of services for patients and families affected by blood cancer.
The LLS and OHSU are collaborating in the Beat AML initiative, which brings together researchers to help improve treatment options for people with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). AML is a devastating blood cancer that causes more than 10,000 deaths a year in the United States.
Support from LLS was also vital in the development of Gleevec, a powerful weapon against chronic myeloid leukemia and one of the major breakthroughs at OHSU by Dr. Brian Druker, director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute and JELD-WEN Chair of Leukemia Research.
- WHO: Anybody can join an OHSU team – employees, friends, relatives, neighbors, patients and kids!
- WHAT: A 2-mile evening walk with glowing balloons to honor all those impacted by blood cancers.
- WHERE: Oregon Convention Center, Hall D
- WHEN: Saturday, October 25. Doors open at 5 p.m. and walk begins at 7 p.m. There will be activities and refreshments before the walk starts.
- CONTACT: Katie Wilkes: email@example.com or 503-494-5293.