Dr. David Spiro, Chief, Pediatric Emergency Services, was a guest on AM Northwest on KATU on June 1 to demonstrate some vital steps to know when handling a summer emergency with your child. There are 2 videos from his appearance.
Video 1 - Fall from a Tree (Head Injury)
Important Things to Remember
- If head injury occurs the first thing is to call 911
- Do not move child in case back injury occured, keep his head stable and straight.
- Make sure child is breathing
- Make sure neck is in allignment to aid in child's breathing
- Comfort and stay with child until help arrives