Thank you for your interest in the AHA ACLS Update and BLS Update courses offered by the Department of Emergency Medicine.
We offer monthly classroom ACLS Update courses and online ACLS Update courses with skills demonstration sessions. A BLS - HCP Update is included in all of our courses.
The online self-study courses require registration and participation in a web-based learning environment sponsored by the American Heart Association. Once the online course is finished, you will receive a certificate of completion. You must bring this certificate to the skills demonstration session. You will be scheduled for a half hour proctored megacode (or BLS skills test) at Emma Jones Hall.
You may purchase the AHA ACLS Provider Manual or the AHA Emergency Cardiovascular Care Handbook. The Provider Manual contains the full ACLS course materials and includes the ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set. The ECC handbook is a pocket-sized companion and contains all the necessary algorithms to succeed in ACLS. It is strongly recommended.
To Register, Please Complete the Following Steps:
- Review the ACLS Policies & Procedures pages.
- Print and complete the ACLS/BLS Registration Form.
- Submit the form to your fiscal authority for payment authorization.
- Return the form to the Dept. of Emergency Medicine (contact information is on form).
- Submit copies of your current ACLS and/or BLS cards to Dept. of Emergency Medicine.
You can expect a confirmation email within 3 days.
For GME Payments
BLS-HCP is required at all times for all GME residents and fellows. The Graduate Medical Education Office will pay for this course and study materials. Please identify yourself as a resident or fellow on the registration form. You may submit your registration directly to the ACLS program without a fiscal authority signature
If you are participating in a residency program or fellowship which requires ACLS certification, the Graduate Medical Education Office will pay for this course and study materials. Please identify yourself as a resident or fellow on the registration form. You may submit your registration directly to the ACLS program without a fiscal authority signature.
For HES or ONA UBNPC Payments
If your OHSU Job Description requires ACLS and payment will come from Healthcare Education Services (HES), your must register through Training Force.
If you will be requesting payment from your ONA UBNPC Funds, you must register through
To Finalize Your Registration
For a registration to be complete, the following materials and payment must be received at least 14 working days prior to the course date:
- Copy/Verification of current BLS-HCP Provider Certification.
- Copy/Verification of current ACLS Provider Certification.
- Course registration fee, payable by check (made payable to OHSU Department of Emergency Medicine), credit card, or University Journal Entry.
For More Information
Please contact us at 503-494-7500 or at ACLSBLS@ohsu.edu with any questions.