Emergency Medicine News
Nike Team Visits the OHSU Emergency Department
A Nike operations and planning team paid a visit to the OHSU Emergency Department to learn more about how people function and work successfully under stress and duress in different environments.
Nike was welcomed by the following emergency medicine leadership team:
- John Ma, M.D. - Department Chair
- Mary Tanski, M.D. - Clinical Director
- Jennifer Packer, M.S.N., R.N. - Director of Emergency Services
- Janie Johnson, M.N., B.S.N., R.N. - Nurse Manager
- Starr Edge, B.S.N., R.N. - Assistant Nurse Manager
After a tour of the emergency department, the two groups sat down for an in-depth discussion that covered numerous topics including: communication, debriefing, anticipated stress vs unplanned stress, and solving problems as a team.
Return to Emergency Medicine News