We’re pleased to announce that Sakai will undergo its annual upgrade on Wednesday, June 19 from 5 AM to 7 AM Pacific time. Sakai services will be unavailable during this time. The latest version brings many improvements — both big and small — including an updated look. Aside from small bug fixes and feature enhancements, here are a few of the features you’ll discover:
- A streamlined look that devotes more space for course content
- Collapsible navigation toolbar
- Directly navigate to tools from the site’s navigation bar
- Ability to open and close the “Users present” list (now moved to bottom right corner)
- Easy access to the Preferences and Profile tools from anywhere in Sakai
Attention faculty! Gradebook enhancements you’ve been requesting have been added. You can now select options to drop highest or lowest grades and factor in extra credit. For power users, zip files uploaded to Resources folder can expand automatically once uploaded.
While Sakai will look a little different, all course data and student work will be retained. All existing tools will continue to work as they always have with just a few visual changes and additional features. Be sure to check out the first-time instant tutorial for new users!
Questions or concerns? Contact the Sakai Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-972-5249.