StudentSpeak is pleased to share this guest post from Elena Phoutrides, MS2, a student in the joint M.D./M.P.H. program. Elena is working abroad this summer in Tigray, Ethiopia thanks in part to the R. Bradley Sack International Scholarship and the OHSU Global Health Center. It’s mid-morning: somewhat watery sunlight lighting up the bougainvillea, the appealing smell of fresh-roasted coffee in the air. Just about time for a coffee break here in Mekelle town in Tigray, Ethiopia. … Read More
Ever wondered what life is like as a student at OHSU? What does it take to become a researcher? Just how gross is gross anatomy? Welcome to the blog that answers these – and many other – questions. It’s students writing first-hand about their commitment to careers in science and health care. It’s honest about the challenges as well as the joys. It’s not always pretty. But it is our story. Thank you for sharing it with us. And please, let us know what you think.Read more
- Jackie on Med School Parenting Made Easy With This One Simple Trick!
- Tony Vazquez on Med School Parenting Made Easy With This One Simple Trick!
- trish Kohan on Shaping My Nursing Career
- Delcy Tibbetts on Shaping My Nursing Career
- Sylvia Peterson-Perry on Understanding the symbolic power of my white coat, part II