StudentSpeak is pleased to share this guest post from Elena Phoutrides, MS2, a student in the joint M.D./M.P.H. program. Elena is working abroad this summer in Tigray, Ethiopia thanks in part to the R. Bradley Sack International Scholarship and the OHSU Global Health Center. It’s mid-morning: somewhat watery sunlight lighting up the bougainvillea, the appealing smell of fresh-roasted coffee in the air. Just about time for a coffee break here in Mekelle town in Tigray, Ethiopia. … Read More
Ever wondered what life is like as a student at OHSU? What does it take to become a researcher? Just how gross is gross anatomy? Welcome to the blog that answers these – and many other – questions. It’s students writing first-hand about their commitment to careers in science and health care. It’s honest about the challenges as well as the joys. It’s not always pretty. But it is our story. Thank you for sharing it with us. And please, let us know what you think.
- Kris Thomason on …I Should Just Leave
- Lorie Gookin on The Best is Yet to Come: Reflections on Graduate School
- Katie Wilkes on The Best is Yet to Come: Reflections on Graduate School
- Mark Kemball on The Best is Yet to Come, Part II: Reflections on Graduate School
- Allison Fryer on The Best is Yet to Come, Part II: Reflections on Graduate School