Some of you may or may not know, but I am a nurse (staff) at the Southwest Community Health Center, a clinic for the uninsured. When I was hired at SWCHC, the fact that I am an OHSU graduate was important to the clinic. I work with many of the OHSU Medical Students in this environment and see attending physicians and resident physicians offering some very impactful learning to students. I love my work and … Read More
Ever wondered what life is like as a student at OHSU? What does it take to become a researcher? Just how gross is gross anatomy? Welcome to the blog that answers these – and many other – questions. It’s students writing first-hand about their commitment to careers in science and health care. It’s honest about the challenges as well as the joys. It’s not always pretty. But it is our story. Thank you for sharing it with us. And please, let us know what you think.Read more
- Dave on Let’s talk about death
- Gillian on The Path(ology) Less Traveled
- Jill Eversole on Shaping My Nursing Career
- Jackie on Med School Parenting Made Easy With This One Simple Trick!
- Tony Vazquez on Med School Parenting Made Easy With This One Simple Trick!