I never knew how much I enjoyed cleaning my apartment until I started PA school

We are FINALLY done with our academic year and will be starting our clinical rotations in only a couple weeks! In the meantime we are trying to incorporate ourselves back into society. I know it sounds a little over the top, but that is what it is like after spending a year in the OHSU PA program. Now that I am not required to sit in lecture for eight hours a day and then study for the rest of the evening, I am rediscovering how much I enjoy the simple things…like cleaning my apartment. Doing the dishes, vacuuming, and cooking have never been so much fun. I know that’s crazy, but I am sure my husband loves it. After one year of being Superman while his wife disappears into her textbooks and laptop, he finally gets to sit on the couch watching soccer(go Manchester United!) while I make chicken enchiladas with homemade tomatillo sauce.

But I have to admit the one thing I enjoy the most (and I understand how incredibly tacky this sounds) is that I do not have to miss one episode of the Bachelorette! I can sit on the couch every Monday night for two whole hours, text my sister in Seattle about which guy on the show is her favorite, and not feel one ounce of guilt about that fact that I am wasting precious study time. Yes, this is one of the best things about being done with the first year of PA school. I know once I start my first rotation in a couple weeks I will not have quite as much free time, but for the moment I am soaking it up.