A Dissertation-related Post

Greetings! At the risk of sounding like a stereotypical blogger, it’s been awhile since my last post. Aside from the back-of-my-mind guilty feeling, I know this because several readers have approached me in recent weeks to remind me of this. An e.g.:
OHSU student: Hey, you’re that guy.
Me: Maybe…
OHSU student: That guy. From the blog.
Me: The OHSU one, yes.
OHSU student: I read that!
Me: Yeah?
OHSU student: Yeah! You haven’t written anything in awhi…
Me: [interrupting] mmm…I have been writing though!
OHSU student: [looks skeptical]
Me: I have!
OHSU student: Ok…
Me: I’ve been writing my dissertation proposal. It’s dissertation season!
OHSU student: [looks bored] Hmm.
Me: Here, read this —> a link.
OHSU student: [looks scared] why do your words suddenly have color?
Me: What?
Life has been very exciting in the world of Neuroinformatics! If you’d like to see why, I invite you to peruse my above-linked dissertation proposal rough draft (which updates daily, as I add to it)!

1. I love that you have the confidence to post your thesis in draft form as you write it…I am looking forward to watching it transform into the finished product! Allison

2. Thanks, Allison! Studying community resources in Neuroinformatics is something that’s interested me for awhile, so I figured may as well crowd-source feedback on my dissertation!

3. A very good post indeed. It’s a shame about some of the responses. A very good post and an excellent blog. I am now a follower. Thanks, Steve

I'm a PhD candidate and build robots.