From the Chair’s Desk Under HIPAA, using or disclosing Protected Health Information (PHI) for research purposes generally requires a signed authorization from the subject. There are, however, a number of exceptions to this rule. When you will not be obtaining signed authorization from subjects for a research project that is eligible for an exception, you need to complete the appropriate form or agreement to document that you have met the HIPAA requirements for the exception. … Read More
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- University Shared Resources funding, deadline extended to Dec. 2
- OHSU Institutional Biosafety Committee policy on dual use research of concern
- MedTech Alliance one-year anniversary attracts largest crowd to date
- Muratet, MD on TTBD Innovator Spotlight: Yali Jia, Ph.D.
- katie hennessy on Research finds prostate cancer patients helped by targeted exercise
- Will Ivy on Knight Cancer Institute researchers track metastasis with cell-free DNA
awards basic research basic science brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop