Earlier this year, the Portland Development Commission launched the University Startup Commercialization Grant Program to strengthen the relationship between Portland’s two major research universities—OHSU and Portland State—and the city’s entrepreneurs. As a result, six local startup companies based on OHSU and PSU technologies will receive grants of up to $30,000 to support commercialization. The three OHSU-affiliated recipients are: Nzumbe, Odyssey Science Innovations and Gamma Therapeutics. The three PSU-affiliated recipients are: SweetSense, Inc., APDM and Hawthorne … Read More
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- MARC is soliciting Center Component projects – applications due Nov. 16
- Who’s new at OHSU? Kathleen Humphries, Ph.D.
- OHSU researchers receive NIH BRAIN initiative funding
- Rachel Shafer on National Postdoctoral Appreciation Week, Sept. 21-25
- Bob Applegate on OHSU Startup Spotlight: Nzumbe, Inc.
- Bucuresti on Brendan Rauw named vice president of technology transfer and business development
awards basic research basic science brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop