A recent clinical trial involving researchers from OHSU’s Casey Eye Institute comparing two drugs used to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD) has shown that both Lucentis and Acastin are nearly equally as effective despite the fact that Avastin costs a fraction of what Lucentis costs. These findings were published this week in the medical journal Ophthalmology. A single dose of Lucentis costs approximately $2,000 whereas one dose of Avastin is around $50. Both drugs are … Read More
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Save the date: 2015 TTBD awards, Oct. 19
- NIH seeks input on 5-year strategic plan
- Who’s new at OHSU? Maros Ferencik, M.D., Ph.D.
- Zhi-Gen Jiang on OHSU researchers develop a novel gene and stem cell technique for treating mitochondrial disease
- Katie Wilkes on Michael Cohen, Ph.D., named Pew Scholar
- Great work. Any need for a volunteer pathologist and a pa to help out? on International fellowship will help OHSU fight cervical cancer in Ethiopia
awards basic research basic science brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop