It’s October, and with the new month comes a new learning management system, Compass!
Compass replaces the TrainingForce online registration system across OHSU, and those of us used to searching for classes in the old system will be happy to see a more user-friendly interface. All class enrollment formerly accessed through TrainingForce can now be found in Compass. This includes research-related learning opportunities from RATE’s Essentials of Grant Administration to CRBO’s eCRIS training. Users can browse for educational topics, register for instructor-led classes, view assigned training, and eventually launch online courses.
Ready to sign up for a class? The process is simple:
- Open your browser and navigate to O2
- On the home screen, click the Compass option in your shortcut menu
- On the welcome screen, log in with your OHSU credentials by clicking the small “click here to log in” link located toward the top right of the screen, and NOT in the big obvious box.
- Type the name of the course or explore your options by using a keyword (e.g., “research”) in the search bar to the upper right.
- Select the desired session from the list of results
- Review session details and requirements
- To register, click “Request”.
You can search and browse for other courses by returning to the Compass home page and clicking the “browse” icon. You can then search classes by subject, date range, location, or even check out what courses are popular at OHSU. Please note that this system does not replace Big Brain–you will still go there for integrity-related classes and training.