In this fast-paced digital world we live in, your image is your personal brand and most often the first impression you make. Whether you’re applying for a job and need to spiff up your LinkedIn profile, or promoting your research using social media, having a professional “headshot” is essential. At this year’s Research Week event, the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research is sponsoring a complimentary “headshot” photo session for OHSU students and postdocs.
Wednesday, May 3
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
OHSU Old Library
Check in at the south entrance – photos will be taken outside weather permitting.
You must sign up for a time as the number of slots is limited! We’ll be sending students and postdocs out in groups of five to have their pictures taken. For this reason, it’s very important that you show up on time, and ideally five minutes early.
A few tips for your headshot:
- Dress professionally, but like yourself (you want to feel comfortable).
- Don’t wear anything too distracting that might take away from the focus on your face and eyes, solid colors that are medium to dark are a good choice.
- Don’t tilt your head in your photo.
- Don’t do a straight on pose, turn your shoulders slightly.
- Google some additional tips for taking a good professional headshot.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.