The Office of the Senior Vice President for Research has revised the eligibility requirements for who can serve as a principal investigator at OHSU. The new policy merges two separate policies: the one that determines who can serve as a PI for sponsored projects (grants) and the one that determines who can serve as a PI for scientific protocols. Most importantly, the policy addresses OHSU’s new faculty appointment structure. The main functional change is that approval from the provost may now be required for non-faculty researchers (except for students and postdocs, who can still be PIs on their fellowship awards). More details can be found on OPAM’s O2 site or on the Research and Development Administration policies page. The policy change goes into effect on July 1, 2016.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at OHSU. Find updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Marquam Hill Lecture Series kicks off Oct. 19 with the science of exercise
- People Management for Principal Investigators, November 2nd and 3rd
- OHSU seeks chief scientific officer to direct, unify and further catalyze discovery
- Jane Kim-Hoffman on Michael Chiang recognized for contributions to medical informatics
- Katie Jones on Xiaolu “Lulu” Cambronne awarded an NIH New Innovator Award
- Chris Bateman on Michael Chiang recognized for contributions to medical informatics
Awards Basic research Brown bag Cancer Career development Clinical research Collaboration Community Conference Cores Discoveries eIRB Event events Funding Funding focus Funding opportunity funding opportunity Graduate students Internal funding IRB notes Junior faculty Lecture Limited submission Neuroscience NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU researchers ONPRC Postdoctoral fellows Research Research administration Research career development Research integrity Research resources Research week Seminar Technology training Translational research TTBD Visiting speaker workshop