In findings released February 3, an Institute of Medicine panel has deemed mitochondrial transfer therapy ethical. This has important implications for the basic research of OHSU’s Shoukhrat Mitalipov and colleagues in the Center for Embryonic and Gene Therapy, though a Congressional ban on researching this therapy in humans remains in effect.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at OHSU. Find updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Marquam Hill Lecture Series kicks off Oct. 19 with the science of exercise
- People Management for Principal Investigators, November 2nd and 3rd
- OHSU seeks chief scientific officer to direct, unify and further catalyze discovery
- Jane Kim-Hoffman on Michael Chiang recognized for contributions to medical informatics
- Katie Jones on Xiaolu “Lulu” Cambronne awarded an NIH New Innovator Award
- Chris Bateman on Michael Chiang recognized for contributions to medical informatics
Awards Basic research Brown bag Cancer Career development Clinical research Collaboration Community Conference Cores Discoveries eIRB Event events Funding Funding focus Funding opportunity funding opportunity Graduate students Internal funding IRB notes Junior faculty Lecture Limited submission Neuroscience NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU researchers ONPRC Postdoctoral fellows Research Research administration Research career development Research integrity Research resources Research week Seminar Technology training Translational research TTBD Visiting speaker workshop