In findings released February 3, an Institute of Medicine panel has deemed mitochondrial transfer therapy ethical. This has important implications for the basic research of OHSU’s Shoukhrat Mitalipov and colleagues in the Center for Embryonic and Gene Therapy, though a Congressional ban on researching this therapy in humans remains in effect.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at OHSU. Find updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- OHSU and University of Oregon announce seed funding for collaborative research
- OHSU researchers raise concerns with applying the ProtecT Trial data to minority populations
- ScienceTalk ’18: Learn to communicate science to anyone, March 1–2
- Casey Williamson on ScienceTalk ’18: Learn to communicate science to anyone, March 1–2
- Denesa Oberbeck on ScienceTalk ’18: Learn to communicate science to anyone, March 1–2
- Tom Cooney on Advanced mapping and spatial reasoning tool for OHSU researchers
Awards Basic research Brown bag Cancer Career development Clinical research Collaboration Community Conference Cores Discoveries eIRB Event events Funding Funding focus funding opportunity Funding opportunity Graduate students Integrity Internal funding IRB notes Junior faculty Lecture Limited submission Neuroscience NIH NIH News OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU researchers ONPRC Postdoctoral fellows Research Research administration Research integrity Research resources Research week Seminar Training Translational research TTBD Visiting speaker Workshop