Do you have an opinion about the future of data science or research informatics at OHSU? If so, this is your chance to provide input for OHSU’s new data science initiative. OHSU will be investing in clinical and research informatics in the next several years, and the institution wants to hear from you about what is needed to succeed.
You’re invited to attend a series of three, 90-minute forums across campus to solicit input from the research community. Tim Burdick, chief clinical research informatics officer, will facilitate structured exercises to create a vision for the future of OHSU data science and research informatics. This vision will then be used to inform the strategy and investments.
The forums are open to all members of the research community and are scheduled for the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, Nov. 3, 10 to 11:30 a.m., OHSU Hospital, 8th floor auditorium
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2 to 3:30 p.m., Collaborative Life Sciences Building 1A001
- Thursday, Nov. 19, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Montagna Auditorium (West Campus)
The tentative agenda for each session is as follows:
- Background on the OHSU Data Science Initiative
- Small group brainstorming session: What informatics support would you want in the future to facilitate your research?
- Small group report out: Share with the other groups in attendance what your group envisions for the future
There is no need to RSVP. You can simply show up at a session prepared to participate! Snacks and drinks will be served, and OHSU merchandise will be provided for all participants.