We’re sharing the following message from Dan Dorsa, Ph.D., senior vice president for research:
I would like to invite you to join me in celebrating OHSU Research Week, May 4-8, 2015, our annual celebration of research at Oregon Health & Science University. More than 200 OHSU researchers will be presenting their latest findings over the four days. I encourage you to show your support by attending talks and poster sessions – many of the presenters are trainees, the future of the biomedical research workforce.
In addition to OHSU presenters, we have an exceptional lineup of visiting experts, including Charles Rafferty, Ph.D., a recently retired review branch chief at the National Institutes of Health. On Thursday, May 7, at 12 p.m. in the Old Library Auditorium, Dr. Rafferty will lead a simulated study section meeting to review two actual NIH grant applications, offering an inside look at the NIH grant review process.
Specific highlights from the Research Week program include:
- New faculty lightning rounds showcasing the work of faculty members who joined OHSU in 2013 or later
- Posters and oral presentations on a range of topics, from neuroscience to nursing, beginning Monday at 2 p.m. and continuing through Thursday afternoon
- Keynote addresses by Chuan He, Ph.D., and Moritz Helmstaedter, Ph.D.
- A career networking night for students and postdoctoral fellows
- OHSU’s 3rd annual Three Minute Thesis Competition
The full schedule can be found here.
The work of our research scientists, students, postdocs, and staff is the foundation underlying OHSU’s success as an academic health center. I hope you will help me celebrate their achievements by attending Research Week events.
Dan Dorsa, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President for Research, OHSU