Brian J. O’Roak, Ph.D., has been chosen for a 2015 Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship. Sloan Fellowship recipients are nominated by fellow scientists and selected by an independent panel of senior scholars based on independent research accomplishments, creativity and potential to become a leader in his or her field. O’Roak studies the genetic basis of neurodevelopmental disorders, including groundbreaking research into the underpinnings of autism. Check out OHSU’s media release.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at OHSU. Find updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Impact notification: Water system shutdown in Richard Jones Hall, Dec. 12-13
- New RATE online learning: Brief, convenient, informative
- Three questions for Alejandro Aballay
- kheadrick on NIMH new innovator award recognizes leader in autism research
- Jane Kim-Hoffman on Michael Chiang recognized for contributions to medical informatics
- Katie Jones on Xiaolu “Lulu” Cambronne awarded an NIH New Innovator Award
Awards Basic research Brown bag Cancer Career development Clinical research Collaboration Community Conference Cores Discoveries eIRB Event events Funding Funding focus Funding opportunity funding opportunity Graduate students Internal funding IRB notes Junior faculty Lecture Limited submission Neuroscience NIH NIH News OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU researchers ONPRC Postdoctoral fellows Research Research administration Research integrity Research resources Research week Seminar Technology Training Translational research TTBD Visiting speaker Workshop