Brian J. O’Roak, Ph.D., has been chosen for a 2015 Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship. Sloan Fellowship recipients are nominated by fellow scientists and selected by an independent panel of senior scholars based on independent research accomplishments, creativity and potential to become a leader in his or her field. O’Roak studies the genetic basis of neurodevelopmental disorders, including groundbreaking research into the underpinnings of autism. Check out OHSU’s media release.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at OHSU. Find updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Marquam Hill Lecture Series kicks off Oct. 19 with the science of effective, safe exercise
- People Management for Principal Investigators, November 2nd and 3rd
- OHSU seeks chief scientific officer to direct, unify and further catalyze discovery
- Katie Jones on Xiaolu “Lulu” Cambronne awarded an NIH New Innovator Award
- Chris Bateman on Michael Chiang recognized for contributions to medical informatics
- Diane Wilker on Michael Chiang recognized for contributions to medical informatics
Awards Basic research Brown bag Cancer Career development Clinical research Collaboration Community Conference Cores Discoveries eIRB Event events Funding Funding focus Funding opportunity funding opportunity Graduate students Internal funding IRB notes Junior faculty Lecture Limited submission Neuroscience NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU researchers ONPRC Postdoctoral fellows Research Research administration Research career development Research integrity Research resources Research week Seminar Technology training Translational research TTBD Visiting speaker workshop