The National Institutes of Health has updated and simplified its policy on submitting late applications, beginning with applications due January 25, 2015 or later. They have added a two week window after the due date during which a request to accept a late application may be considered, and they have eliminated the previous practice of assigning different late application windows to different funding mechanisms, or in some cases, not allowing them at all. Now, all applications will have the same two-week window. Note that the reasons for accepting a late application include things like a death in the family, severe illness, natural disasters, or adhoc service to NIH in the two months before or after the deadline. Lots of teaching or administrative duties, failure to follow instructions, or your hard drive dying–not so much. Read the full policy here.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at OHSU. Find updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Collaborator of Mitalipov and Amato to speak on genome-wide target specificity of CRISPR base editors
- Despite progress, health disparities remain among racial and ethnic minority groups post-ACA
- Motor neurons aren’t the only site for restoring locomotive function
- Casey Williamson on Traumatic Brain Injury Symposium: From Research to Recovery, Sept. 15–16
- cara bolles on Traumatic Brain Injury Symposium: From Research to Recovery, Sept. 15–16
- Ashurai on OHSU researchers: New discovery on obesity-high blood pressure relationship
Awards Basic research Brown bag Cancer Career development Clinical research Collaboration Community Conference Cores Discoveries eIRB Event events Funding Funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity Graduate students Internal funding IRB notes Junior faculty Lecture Limited submission Neuroscience NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU researchers ONPRC Postdoctoral fellows Research Research administration Research career development Research integrity Research resources Research week Seminar Technology training Translational research TTBD Visiting speaker workshop