The National Institutes of Health has updated and simplified its policy on submitting late applications, beginning with applications due January 25, 2015 or later. They have added a two week window after the due date during which a request to accept a late application may be considered, and they have eliminated the previous practice of assigning different late application windows to different funding mechanisms, or in some cases, not allowing them at all. Now, all applications will have the same two-week window. Note that the reasons for accepting a late application include things like a death in the family, severe illness, natural disasters, or adhoc service to NIH in the two months before or after the deadline. Lots of teaching or administrative duties, failure to follow instructions, or your hard drive dying–not so much. Read the full policy here.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Career Dev. Opportunity for Patient-Centered Outcomes Research K12 Scholars
- Core Resources Pilot funds help ready early ideas for extramural funding
- AstraZeneca open innovation seminar, Jan. 26
- Veronica on OHSU researchers identify complex required for healthy brain
- Rachel Dresbeck on Data Jamboree panel presentation: Sharing data & software securely, Nov. 4
- Rachel Dresbeck on Jan. 1: New F&A rates for non-clinical, industry-sponsored research
awards basic research brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH NIH News OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop