The Cascade AIDS Project and OHSU, in conjunction with the 32nd Annual NHP Models for AIDS Symposium, invites teachers and community members interested in HIV/AIDS to an interactive discussion with world experts on research and care in HIV/AIDS.
The workshop, “The Latest News for HIV Vaccines, Treatments, and Possible Cures,” is free and open to the public. Speakers include
- Tyler TerMeer, executive director, Cascade AIDS Project
- Nancy Haigwood, Ph.D., AIDS vaccine researcher and director of OHSU’s Oregon National Primate Research Center
- Jonah Sacha, Ph.D., Assistant Professor at OHSU’s Vaccine & Gene Therapy Institute and ONPRC
- Hans-Peter Kiem, M.D., Jose Carreras/E. Donnall Thomas Endowed Chair for Cancer Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Melissa Murphy, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine at OHSU, and Director of the Veteran’s Administration HIV Clinic
- Julie Overbaugh, Ph.D., Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Tuesday, Nov. 11, 4 to 8 p.m. in the Gallery Room at The Nines Hotel. Register now for this event.