We’re sharing the following message from Dan Dorsa, Ph.D., senior vice president for research:
I would like to invite you to join me in celebrating OHSU Research Week, May 5-9, 2014, our annual celebration of research at Oregon Health & Science University. More than 300 OHSU researchers will be presenting their latest findings over the next few days. I encourage you to show your support by attending talks and poster sessions—many of the presenters are trainees, the future of the biomedical research workforce.
In addition to OHSU presenters, we have an exceptional lineup of visiting keynotes, including Gary Gibbons, M.D., director of the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute at the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Gibbons’ talk on Monday, May 5 at 1 p.m. in the OHSU Auditorium will offer unique insight into the research agenda of NHLBI.
Specific highlights from the Research Week program include:
- Opening reception with remarks by President Joe Robertson and Provost Jeanette Mladenovic on Monday at 5:30 p.m. in Richard Jones Hall Atrium
- Posters and oral presentations on a range of topics, from neuroscience to nursing, beginning Monday at 11 a.m. and continuing through Thursday afternoon
- Keynote addresses by Gary Gibbons, M.D.; Jeff Lichtman, M.D., Ph.D.; Jim Austin, Ph.D.; and Chittaranjan Yajnik, M.D., F.R.C.P.
- Career development workshops for students and postdoctoral fellows
- OHSU’s 2nd Annual Three Minute Thesis Competition
The work of our research scientists, students, postdocs, and staff is the foundation underlying OHSU’s success as an academic health center. I hope you will help me celebrate their achievements by attending Research Week events.
Dan Dorsa, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President for Research