We’re re-posting the following announcement from EdNews.
The School of Medicine is making significant progress on the M.D. Curriculum Transformation Initiative. This is a critical time for teachers to become familiar with the first 18 months of the draft curriculum template. All faculty, students and staff are warmly invited to any of three information sessions the Dean’s office is hosting in the coming weeks:
- Tuesday, Jan. 7, 7 a.m., OHSU Hospital Auditorium 8B60 | Add to your calendar
- Friday, Jan. 10, 12 p.m., BRB 381 | Add to your calendar
- Wednesday, Jan. 22, 12 p.m., Vollum M 1443 | Add to your calendar
- Download a flyer with all the details
George Mejicano, M.D., M.S., senior associate dean for education, Tracy Bumsted, M.D., MPH, associate dean for undergraduate medical education, members of the Curriculum Transformation Steering Committee and faculty from the curriculum development team will present new information and answer your questions.
- Learn about the proposed model for early integration of basic and clinical sciences in the M.D. curriculum
- Explore different teaching modalities to support the goals of the new curriculum
- Ask about faculty development and the timeline for curriculum transformation