As we wrap up 2013, several publications have issued Top 10 lists for 2013. Shoukhrat Mitalipov, Ph.D., a senior scientist at the Oregon National Primate Research Center, has been recognized by four national publications —Time, Nature, Science, and Discover—for being the first person to transform human skin cells into embryonic stem cells using a technique called somatic cell nuclear transfer. The discovery holds promise for treating conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cardiac disease and spinal cord injuries.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at OHSU. Find updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Noise notice: Vollum Institute courtyard, Jan. 13 and 14
- Advanced mapping and spatial reasoning tool for OHSU researchers
- David Ellison and international team receive $6 million grant from Foundation LeDucq
- Rosemary Makar on New histopathology consultation service
- Casey Williamson on Vollum Writing Program Starts January 10
- Margie Nielsen on Vollum Writing Program Starts January 10
Awards Basic research Brown bag Cancer Career development Clinical research Collaboration Community Conference Cores Discoveries eIRB Event events Funding Funding focus Funding opportunity funding opportunity Graduate students Internal funding IRB notes Junior faculty Lecture Limited submission Neuroscience NIH NIH News OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU researchers ONPRC Postdoctoral fellows Research Research administration Research integrity Research resources Research week Seminar Technology Training Translational research TTBD Visiting speaker Workshop