As we wrap up 2013, several publications have issued Top 10 lists for 2013. Shoukhrat Mitalipov, Ph.D., a senior scientist at the Oregon National Primate Research Center, has been recognized by four national publications —Time, Nature, Science, and Discover—for being the first person to transform human skin cells into embryonic stem cells using a technique called somatic cell nuclear transfer. The discovery holds promise for treating conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cardiac disease and spinal cord injuries.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Eric Gouaux to Receive 2016 Anatrace Membrane Protein Award from the Biophysical Society
- Clinical scientists: Free workshop on PCORI’s pragmatic clinical studies initiative, Sept. 20
- Research Courtyard: Construction testing on Vollum and RJH, Sept. 4-6
- Bob Applegate on OHSU Startup Spotlight: Nzumbe, Inc.
- Bucuresti on Brendan Rauw named vice president of technology transfer and business development
- Zhi-Gen Jiang on OHSU researchers develop a novel gene and stem cell technique for treating mitochondrial disease
awards basic research basic science brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop