The New York Times December 2 “Science” section featured the work of Lynn Sakai, Ph.D., Senior Investigator at the Portland Shriners Research Center and Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, OHSU. Dr. Sakai and her colleagues have been studying the use of fibrillin-1 levels–the protein associated with Marfan syndrome–as a blood test for aortic ruptures. Read the Times feature here.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Biomedical Innovation Program – moving innovations to market
- 2016 Lifesavers Breakfast, Nov. 16
- New research volunteer registry: Volunteer information and biorepository
- Rachel Dresbeck on NIH director to give annual Mark O. Hatfield Lecture, Oct. 24
- Laurie J LePore on NIH director to give annual Mark O. Hatfield Lecture, Oct. 24
- Rachel Dresbeck on Learn about volunteering overseas at OHSU Global health fair, Oct. 6
awards basic research brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students Integrity internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop