The New York Times December 2 “Science” section featured the work of Lynn Sakai, Ph.D., Senior Investigator at the Portland Shriners Research Center and Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, OHSU. Dr. Sakai and her colleagues have been studying the use of fibrillin-1 levels–the protein associated with Marfan syndrome–as a blood test for aortic ruptures. Read the Times feature here.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at OHSU. Find updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- North campus steam shutdown, Saturday, Aug. 5
- Launching a portal to streamline research services at the DCM
- Modifying a battlefield dressing to prevent maternal death
- Johanna Colgrove on Sex matters: OHSU researchers shine light on mechanisms of ischemic stroke
- Casey Williamson on Sex matters: OHSU researchers shine light on mechanisms of ischemic stroke
- Jenny on Sex matters: OHSU researchers shine light on mechanisms of ischemic stroke
awards basic research brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission neuroscience NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop