The New York Times December 2 “Science” section featured the work of Lynn Sakai, Ph.D., Senior Investigator at the Portland Shriners Research Center and Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, OHSU. Dr. Sakai and her colleagues have been studying the use of fibrillin-1 levels–the protein associated with Marfan syndrome–as a blood test for aortic ruptures. Read the Times feature here.
Welcome to the Research News Blog
OHSU Research News is your portal to information about all things research at Oregon Health & Science University. Visit often for updates on events, discoveries, and important funding information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Registration open for the NIH Regional Seminar Oct. 14-16
- CRCN meeting tomorrow, July 1: eIRB Upgrade demo
- New VA undersecretary for health appointed
- Katie Wilkes on Michael Cohen, Ph.D., named Pew Scholar
- Great work. Any need for a volunteer pathologist and a pa to help out? on International fellowship will help OHSU fight cervical cancer in Ethiopia
- Erica Zeigler on A bird’s eye view of NIH
awards basic research basic science brown bag cancer career development clinical research collaboration community conference cores Discoveries eIRB event events funding funding focus funding opportunities Funding Opportunity graduate students internal funding IRB Notes junior faculty lecture Limited Submission NIH OCTRI OHSU faculty OHSU Knight Cancer Institute OHSU Researchers ONPRC postdoctoral fellows research Research Administration research career development research integrity Research Resources research week seminar technology training translational research TTBD visiting speaker workshop