The OHSU School of Medicine is accepting proposals to fund gatherings such as symposia, conferences, workshops and retreats that advance the aims of the School of Medicine’s Research Roadmap. These grants (up to $8,000 each) should achieve one or more of the following collaborative outcomes:
- Support the advancement of an emerging area of research that promotes the progression of basic discovery to clinical impact
- Assist faculty in the pursuit of external awards to fund multidisciplinary collaboration
- Support opportunities for strategic planning during the development of research collaborations
Examples of possible events which would merit funding through these grants include:
- A scientific symposium, with one or more invited speakers, to expose the OHSU research community to an area of emerging research and to develop collaborations
- Structured activities designed to bring faculty members from across different departments together to prepare a joint research grant such as a Program Project grant
- A strategic planning retreat for members of a collaborative research group to share scientific findings and strengthen relationships between researchers from different disciplines
- A grant writing workshop with an external consultant to assist faculty in the development of proposals for interdisciplinary collaborations
The lead applicant(s) must have a School of Medicine faculty appointment to be eligible.
Proposals are due December 13, 2013 for funding in fiscal year 2014. View the full program announcement for more information.
Read about projects funded last fiscal year.